Testimony

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Spelmangyrl

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want to write and encourage all of you taking the DAT. After I got my scores back I was so worried that no school would accept me because of my low PAT score (14) and Quant Reasoning, but the rest of my scores were above 20. I got so many negative comments from SDNers telling me to take it over;
"thats just sad, your science scores are so awesome, but your PAT and quant scores just screw it all up.....your GPA is good, but like the other person said it all depends on which univ.s have cutoffs. If your pat and quant were even 18 or something you would be in an excellent position"
Yet, I listened to my instinct, and contacted people at the schools that I wanted to attend, and I am happy to say that I have been accepted to 4 out of 5 schools that I applied to, and I am waiting for one more response. Trust yourself during this process, and seek advice from those who really know what they are talking about, and you can't go wrong. Not to say that my situation will always happen, but Dental School is not always about scores, but the whole package. If anyone has questions, bring up my old post " DAT Scores and Opinions", or just PM me because I don't check this forum very often.
Again, good luck to all of you

Members don't see this ad.

Spelmangyrl said:
I just want to write and encourage all of you taking the DAT. After I got my scores back I was so worried that no school would accept me because of my low PAT score (14) and Quant Reasoning, but the rest of my scores were above 20. I got so many negative comments from SDNers telling me to take it over;
"thats just sad, your science scores are so awesome, but your PAT and quant scores just screw it all up.....your GPA is good, but like the other person said it all depends on which univ.s have cutoffs. If your pat and quant were even 18 or something you would be in an excellent position"
Yet, I listened to my instinct, and contacted people at the schools that I wanted to attend, and I am happy to say that I have been accepted to 4 out of 5 schools that I applied to, and I am waiting for one more response. Trust yourself during this process, and seek advice from those who really know what they are talking about, and you can't go wrong. Not to say that my situation will always happen, but Dental School is not always about scores, but the whole package. If anyone has questions, bring up my old post " DAT Scores and Opinions", or just PM me because I don't check this forum very often.
Again, good luck to all of you

My situation was pretty much the same. I came on SDN and many people bashed my dat score of 17AA/19TS/16PAT. They said you should retkae with a 12 in QR :scared: and a 17 AA. My GPA is a 3.2 and science of 3.1. Everyone told me to retake and at first I started to second guess myself and my application. Then I got 7 interviews and and got accepted to my top 3 choices. This shows anything is possible if you have faith in God. Any thats my two cents. God bless, be easy.

thats great. did any of you do research? and what was your strongest thing in your application?

realtalk said:
My situation was pretty much the same. I came on SDN and many people bashed my dat score of 17AA/19TS/16PAT. They said you should retkae with a 12 in QR :scared: and a 17 AA. My GPA is a 3.2 and science of 3.1. Everyone told me to retake and at first I started to second guess myself and my application. Then I got 7 interviews and and got accepted to my top 3 choices. This shows anything is possible if you have faith in God. Any thats my two cents. God bless, be easy.

But did you have any extracurricular activities or research experience that really stand out? I am curious to know.

E. coli said:
But did you have any extracurricular activities or research experience that really stand out? I am curious to know.

Yes I did, playing college football, mission trip, and research experience in dentistry.