Testing 6/29; any final month advice?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JohnFred4

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey! I'll try to keep this brief and specific:

1) Is it just me, or are the AAMC Section Banks soul-crushingly hard, whereas the AAMC Question Packs are worryingly easy? My Kaplan teachers have said: "the Question Packs are pretty representative", but also "The Section Bank is brand new, so I would prioritize that over any other AAMC resource." Feelings on Section Banks versus Question Packs? And where exactly should I prioritize the "Official Guide" questions?

2) What did you eat on test day? Want to make sure I've got enough glucose to feed the brain, but no crashes, and enough water to keep my brain hydrated without running to the bathroom. I'm thinking protein smoothie and coffee for breakfast, protein bars, nuts, maybe a simple sandwich for lunch, and some sort of electrolyte drink. I'll certainly do some trial runs during my practice FLs, but I'm thinking of taking some Pepto Bismol to "stop me up" and some electrolyte pills to make sure I'm retaining some fluid. Crazy?

3) I've been gleaning tips from the rest of Reddit and SDN for the last month: "make your weaknesses your strengths", "focus on questions that are conceptually hard for you", "focus on critical thinking/strategy/habits", "don't forget the 'I got it right but for the wrong reason' question", "study hard for 95 minutes, then 10 minute break", etc. Any other final month advice or motivation?

Thank you, good luck, and godspeed everyone!

Members don't see this ad.