Testing accommodations for NPTE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BoomshakalakaPT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone:
I failed my first NPTE attempt. I have a learning disability where I was diagnosed at age 8. I always received extra time on tests throughout my academic career and my testing accommodation was approved for when I took the GRE.
However, I did not apply for extra time on my first NPTE attempt because the requirements are ridiculous and way more strict compared to the GRE. I would have to get a more recent assessment done which can cost thousands of dollars since most places don’t accept insurance.
The last assessment I got done was in 2013 which shows detailed documentation of my disability. It’s frustrating because my disability is forever with me, every test I get done will always prove that I have it.
Has anyone applied for testing accommodations (CA board) and was successful? Do you mind sharing your experience or you can message me please! I would greatly appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone:
I failed my first NPTE attempt. I have a learning disability where I was diagnosed at age 8. I always received extra time on tests throughout my academic career and my testing accommodation was approved for when I took the GRE.
However, I did not apply for extra time on my first NPTE attempt because the requirements are ridiculous and way more strict compared to the GRE. I would have to get a more recent assessment done which can cost thousands of dollars since most places don’t accept insurance.
The last assessment I got done was in 2013 which shows detailed documentation of my disability. It’s frustrating because my disability is forever with me, every test I get done will always prove that I have it.
Has anyone applied for testing accommodations (CA board) and was successful? Do you mind sharing your experience or you can message me please! I would greatly appreciate it.
I really don't know anything about this, but is it any easier to get granted accommodations in another state, then transfer your license to CA? Just an idea.

Reactions: 1 user
Would you be able to tell me/DM the specific CA requirements for requesting accomodations for the NPTE? Curious for personal reasons, as I will likely try to request accomodations (when I take it eventually) due to disability.

Would you be able to tell me/DM the specific CA requirements for requesting accomodations for the NPTE? Curious for personal reasons, as I will likely try to request accomodations (when I take it eventually) due to disability.
Hello, I got this from the CA board of PT website. It’s the D1 form.