testing center

CinnamonBijoux

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone

im fairly new to optometry and the oat. I had a quick question: what is the environment like at the testing center? Are there a lot of people in the room taking the test? Also, are the computers laptops?

thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

hi everyone

im fairly new to optometry and the oat. I had a quick question: what is the environment like at the testing center? Are there a lot of people in the room taking the test? Also, are the computers laptops?

thank you!

Hi CinnamonBijoux,

When I had taken the test, I was situation in a small room that contained roughly 6-8 desktop computers (i.e. no laptops), that were separated via little cubicles..........I was the only person writing in the room at the time (i.e. 9:00 a.m.), however this changed as the day progressed and a few more people came in.......
There was also a huge window that overlooked a small office next door to our room (i.e. with the test supervisor watching over everyone in the room).....in addition to a few security cameras situated in our rooms..........kind of intimidating at first, but once the test begins....you tend to forget about all of that ..........

Word of advice: if anyone that is going to write the test in the near future is a little worried (or just curious) about the environment of the testing center, you can always call them to visit the facility the day before to check it out.........

Good luck :thumbup: