testing center..

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc29

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
my testing center is an hour and twenty mins away from my house, and i am thinking if i should get a hotel near the center the night before the exam..or not.
My exam is at 8:30am, and the traffic in miami is really bad in the mornings.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you should--you don't need one more thing to worry about the morning of the test. AHHHH I can't believe mine is almost here!!!!

I think you should too. Don't take any chances. I plan on doing the same thing. Like PediatricsRocks said..you don't need anything else stressing you out before the test.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think you should for two reasons-

1) you might not get good night sleep in hotel room. Bed might not be comfy.

2) other guests at the hotel might be loud and spoil your sleep.

I would sleep in my own bed and listen to goljan on your way to testing center.

yess..my test is in 3 weeks and im already freaking out :(
im gonna keep checking the prometric site to see if theres any seat available in the center thats close to my house... last time i checked, it was full till end of july.

yess..my test is in 3 weeks and im already freaking out :(
im gonna keep checking the prometric site to see if theres any seat available in the center thats close to my house... last time i checked, it was full till end of july.
If that's possible, that would definitely be best.

If not, definitely stay at a hotel the night before. You don't want to be stuck in a traffic jam and miss your test! If I was in your situation, I would stay at a hotel the day before, but luckily my test center is only a 15 minutes drive from my place.

Goodl luck!

yayy..i finally got a seat in a center thats 20 mins away from my place, but its a few days earlier than my initial date..god im going crazy:eek:

btw, are we allowed to bring ear plugs/inhaler into the exam room?
Do i need to make a special request if i wanna take my inhaler w/me?

congrats doc29! That's good news. :)

You're allowed to bring ear plugs.

I don't know about the inhaler. I'm sure they'll let you take it in with you but I don't know if you need to tell them beforehand or not.