Testing Year Remaining: 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

scarlettsky

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have my MCAT exam too soon to be able to reschedule (after the deadline), but I can't take it (I won't get into the details).

And I'm extremely worried because AAMC says Testing Year Remaining: 1.

Is that number counting before or after I take the one that is too late to reschedule? If I can't take this one, will it go to zero attempts and I won't be able to schedule another one this year?

Or is it what I have left after this one that can't be rescheduled? If I don't take this one, can I still schedule another one right after?
 
I have my MCAT exam too soon to be able to reschedule (after the deadline), but I can't take it (I won't get into the details).

And I'm extremely worried because AAMC says Testing Year Remaining: 1.

Is that number counting before or after I take the one that is too late to reschedule? If I can't take this one, will it go to zero attempts and I won't be able to schedule another one this year?

Or is it what I have left after this one that can't be rescheduled? If I don't take this one, can I still schedule another one right after?
How many times have you taken it before this?

Testing limits:
There are testing limits on how many times you can take the MCAT exam. Voids and no-shows count toward your lifetime limits. Remember that you can only be registered for one seat at a time.

Single testing year:

The MCAT exam can be taken up to three times.

Two consecutive-year period:

The MCAT exam can be taken up to four times.

Lifetime:

The MCAT exam can be taken up to seven times in a lifetime.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
How many times have you taken it before this?

Testing limits:
There are testing limits on how many times you can take the MCAT exam. Voids and no-shows count toward your lifetime limits. Remember that you can only be registered for one seat at a time.

Single testing year:

The MCAT exam can be taken up to three times.

Two consecutive-year period:

The MCAT exam can be taken up to four times.

Lifetime:

The MCAT exam can be taken up to seven times in a lifetime.
Do you know if the two years goes by months or like actual year? One of them may not count anymore. But I'm not sure. Is the "Test Remaining: 1" counting the one coming up or not?
 
Last edited: