Texas A&M vs. CSU

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted1035973

I am on the fence about whether or not I should attend CSU despite the cost. My parents are willing to contribute somewhat to assist me in the cost, but I am still concerned. I absolutely loved CSU and found more than one program that would suit me extremely well. On the other hand, Texas A&M is much cheaper, but I have such an uneasy feeling about attending here. I have spoken to vet students on both campuses and have felt like my future goals are much more aligned with CSU... but does that even matter when considering cost? Keep in mind I plan to move to Colorado permanently after vet school regardless of which school I attend.

Members don't see this ad.

Could you elaborate on what’s making you uneasy, if that’s ok?

I get it. I was accepted to an out of state school that I was enamored with and had wish washy feelings about my in state, for whatever reasons. I never got into my IS, so wasn’t faced with the choice. However, I will tell you that you can never know how well you will like the program until you are actually in attendance, as much as that is a bummer. Also, your goals will change more often than not. And I can tell you, there’s plenty about my current school that I thought I loved so much that I actually don’t like. The price, the importance placed on trivial things such as a dress code, to name a few. No program is idyllic, and moving out of state will not make you magically happier.

A&M would have to have a lot of negatives to make me uneasy enough to think about not attending. I don’t go there but I have heard it’s a fantastic program

Reactions: 4 users