Texas A&M!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scws

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
in-state acceptance :) big packet arrived today!

Members don't see this ad.

thanks seaturtle! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats SCWS! That is quite an accomplishment! I just got my rejection letter from A&M yesterday. I was so bummed. I thought the interview went great but I guess my other points weren't high enough. What a bummer. It is such an incredible school...you should feel very proud! How many times did you apply? After they accepted you, did they offer any scholarship information? Do you have any advice for me? I wish you the best of luck!

aw, thanks ebrewa! that's very nice of you, i'm bummed that you didn't get in...wishing you much luck next year if you do apply again!! :thumbup: i honestly thought my interview went pretty bad..:( i really was very skeptical about getting in...my gpa and gre at all angles are below the average of their acceptances..but i guess it is an average. it seems like GPA plays a huge role at A&M so i would recommend to anyone to get good grades! (haha..easier said than done...*sigh*). this was my first year applying (i'm a senior in undergrad), and they did have some scholarship thing in the packet, but i have yet to look at it. my experiences are that i took a leadership position at my school's pre-vet club for 3 years, interned at a zoo for 3 months, and went to south africa to study wildlife mgmt abroad for 3 weeks two summers ago, worked at a clinic for some 500 hours or so...but they didn't ask me about any of those during the interview...like what everyone says, just try to do something that sets you apart from the rest...that was my attempt, and i'm not too sure if that played a big factor. i honestly think what helped me alot was my recommendation letters..atleast one of them from my vet. i would just work really hard around your chosen evaluators (whether it be a vet, teacher, etc), so they can really tell the adcom that you're a great candidate. i also made a little portfolio for my evaluators with pictures and info about me and my experiences, and i also included a piece of paper that said "tips for evaluators" (i found this online somewhere) that tells them what qualities do they see in me or something. i just think that really helped them get to know me a little better so they could write a more meaningful recommendation letter. anyways, i hope this helps!! feel free to message me if you need anything. good luck! i'm sure you'll do great! :)

Whoop!
Acceptance! Yay!!

Awesome job InfiniVet! Congratulations! Will you be accepting their offer?

Thanks y'all :)

Yes, I'll be accepting their offer.

I feel so bad that you didnt get in, Erica! I was looking forward to being classmates =/
Are you gonna reapply next year?

Yea...it's such a bummer! I was really looking forward to being classmates as well. Thanks again for all of your awesome advice. I guess I'll call up the school in a month ago to see what I can do for next year. My only other option is Western (I hear from them this week) and Glasgow....but the money and other stuff for both of those schools are so different than A&M.

Oh well...rejection sucks. Bottom line. I am truly excited for you guys though...you should feel very proud...you deserve it!!!