Texas A&M

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nitrous Oxide

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the first member of my family to go to college, I really don't know much about what I need to do. I am a Senior in high school right now, I've already taken many Animal Science classes, and will be able to take the test for Vet Tech Certification at the end of this year. I would like to go to Texas A&M for Vet school. What kind of tests and classes should I be taking? How do I register for these tests?

Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

First off, you don't need to become a tech to apply to vet school. However, if you want to do that in addition then good luck. Next, find out what college classes you need to take in order to apply to the vet schools of your choice. These classes usually consist of gen bio, gen chem, orgo, physics, math, and a variety of other science classes depending on where you want to apply. Go to the "prospective students" section on the TAMU and other vet school websites. Most people take the GRE after their 3rd year of undergrad in order to apply to vet school. Hope this helps!

Hi there! There is a lot of information at the following website that many of us have learned to navigate thoroughly. At the top left there is a menu of vet school info for prospective students, as well as links to all the specific vet school pages. Spend some time navigating around and you will get a feel for what classes you need, what schools you will want to apply to, how much it will cost you, etc. You have plenty of time to figure this out, but it is good that you are starting early!

http://www.aavmc.org/