Texas Academic Fresh Start for DVM program?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

hcampo

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello! I just found out about Texas Academic Fresh Start Program, but I'm having a hard time finding any information on it. Will TAMU and Texas Tech take it into consideration when applying to a DVM program? I am a Texas resident (graduated from a Texas high school) but went to undergrad out of state. I'm back at TAMU finishing my masters but my gpa is still under the threshold of minimum gpa requirements. Is applying to the Fresh Start program something viable to look into? My last 45 gpa is going to be a 3.6-3.8 depending on how this last semester goes, but I'm hoping this will make it more competitive. I have been looking at out of state schools, but if I can go in state that would be 100x better financially. Thank you!
 
TMDSAS will back date from the day you petitioned to apply AFS. TAMU and TTU have no administrative role in this as TMDSAS will remove the classes prior to the application being sent out to the respective schools. Be aware, the schools you apply to will STILL SEE all your transcripts regardless of AFS, but those older classes will simply just not reflect in your GPA calculations. IMO this works in your favour as you can speak to your growth academically with transcripts as proof of that growth without being held back by those grades.

 
Hello! I just found out about Texas Academic Fresh Start Program, but I'm having a hard time finding any information on it. Will TAMU and Texas Tech take it into consideration when applying to a DVM program? I am a Texas resident (graduated from a Texas high school) but went to undergrad out of state. I'm back at TAMU finishing my masters but my gpa is still under the threshold of minimum gpa requirements. Is applying to the Fresh Start program something viable to look into? My last 45 gpa is going to be a 3.6-3.8 depending on how this last semester goes, but I'm hoping this will make it more competitive. I have been looking at out of state schools, but if I can go in state that would be 100x better financially. Thank you!
This is something you should ask the schools directly