Texas and Caribbean Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

monsoon338

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hear that Texas might not be recognizing the license of Caribbean medical students. Its on the Ross website actually.

http://www.rossu.edu/med/academics/faqsaboutaca_061.cfm

At the very bottom, it says that Texas has begun denying license approval to graduates of the Caribbean. Anyone else hear anything about this? Does this mean that all Caribbean med students might not be able to practice in Texas?

Members don't see this ad.

I hear that Texas might not be recognizing the license of Caribbean medical students. Its on the Ross website actually.

http://www.rossu.edu/med/academics/faqsaboutaca_061.cfm

At the very bottom, it says that Texas has begun denying license approval to graduates of the Caribbean. Anyone else hear anything about this? Does this mean that all Caribbean med students might not be able to practice in Texas?

#1 rule is do not believe everything on a school website, to be honest most of them lie about one thing or another, they are not in the US where there are standards.

#1 rule is do not believe everything on a school website, to be honest most of them lie about one thing or another, they are not in the US where there are standards.

Why would they lie about that? if anything they would lie and say that TX accepts carribean grads.. That makes no sense. I am from TX and it is true that they no longer license Carribean Grads.. For good reason.

Members don't see this ad :)

Why would they lie about that? if anything they would lie and say that TX accepts carribean grads.. That makes no sense. I am from TX and it is true that they no longer license Carribean Grads.. For good reason.

Are Ross University graduates able to be licensed in Texas?
Yes, Ross University School of Medicine graduates are allowed to apply for license in the state of Texas. Texas has evaluated the curriculum provided by Ross University School of Medicine and determined that it is comparable to the medical education provided by Texas universities. While Ross University has had graduates practicing in Texas, it was only over the past year that Texas began to decline license approval for many graduates of Caribbean medical schools.

Hmm nothing here that is misleading huh? I think so....notice they never say Ross students or which Caribbean students? Ross say's YES you can be Licensed from our school LOL then a warning.. Yes there are some shady schools who's grads have been turned down, one from the Infamous St. Chris of England I believe.

Really then how do account for my friend who just got accepted into a TX residency, from the Caribbean and not from on of the big 4 or the other Friend I know who was Licensed in Tx last year not from a Big 4 caribbean school? Please lets post the truth.

As far as ROSS's gain I think that is obvious, they post this misleading information to make people think it's the only Caribbean school that Texas will License (OH YOU JUST POSTED NO CARIBBEAN GRADS IN TEXAS GUESS YOUR WRONG SINCE ROSS IS ON THE APPROVAL LIST) The truth is that Ross was put on an approval list for Texas but they also consider other Caribbean grads on a case by case basis.

WHen I know I'm right I'm right..........................

§155.004. ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR GRADUATES OF CERTAIN FOREIGN MEDICAL SCHOOLS
A license applicant who is a graduate of a medical school that is located outside the United States and Canada must present proof satisfactory to the board that the applicant:
(1) is a graduate of a school whose curriculum meets the requirements for an unapproved medical school as determined by a committee of experts selected by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board;
(2) has successfully completed at least three years of graduate medical training in the United States or Canada that was approved by the board;
(3) is eligible for a license to practice medicine in the country in which the school is located, except for any citizenship requirements;
(4) holds a valid certificate issued by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates; and
(5) is able to communicate in English.

So if Caribbean grads are not allowed there would be no proceedure as in the TEXAS law I just copied today.

dude, no one ever said that Ross grads or any other carribean grad couldn't get a residency in Texas.

Your friend will however, have a real problem when they are done with their residency and try to get licensed. Tell your friend to move to oklahoma when they are done if they want to practice in the south.

for good reasons (failing boards, etc.) carribean grads are not allowed in texas anymore. YAY!

dude, no one ever said that Ross grads or any other carribean grad couldn't get a residency in Texas.

Your friend will however, have a real problem when they are done with their residency and try to get licensed. Tell your friend to move to oklahoma when they are done if they want to practice in the south.

for good reasons (failing boards, etc.) carribean grads are not allowed in texas anymore. YAY!

Hey I don't care You believe, Believe what you want I posted the Law from Texas and know of some real people there.

I said so really doesn't mean anything:laugh:

And the post makes no sense anyway.....at least not to me, you say "I never said Ross grads or any other couldn't get a residency in Texas" then you say " Caribbean grads are not allowed in Texas anymore" SO which is it? ( I know Caribbean grads can go to Texas I just proved it by the Texas Law from the Texas medical board posted above.)

"A license applicant who is a graduate of a medical school that is located outside the United States and Canada must present proof satisfactory to the board that the applicant:
(1) is a graduate of a school whose curriculum meets the requirements for an unapproved medical school as determined by a committee of experts selected by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board"

Technically speaking, if the "committee of experts" determines that the school's curriculum doesn't meet the requirements for an unapproved medical school (of which there are many such unapproved medical schools in the Caribbean) then the license will be denied.

It's pretty clear. Those guidelines are not a guarantee of a license but a procedure to apply for one, which is dependent on the final approval of the committee.

You can find this list on the Texas Medical Board website. If your school isn't there, you'll have a hard time getting a license:

http://www.tmb.state.tx.us/professionals/physicians/applicants/STDNHPSE.rtf

If you're concerned about obtaining a license as a Carib grad, the best thing to do is to ask the Medical Board of the state that you'd like to practice in. In general terms, if you attend SGU or Ross you'll probably be safe. The smaller, lesser known schools could be a problem. Again, check with the Medical Boards.

"A license applicant who is a graduate of a medical school that is located outside the United States and Canada must present proof satisfactory to the board that the applicant:
(1) is a graduate of a school whose curriculum meets the requirements for an unapproved medical school as determined by a committee of experts selected by the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board"

Technically speaking, if the "committee of experts" determines that the school's curriculum doesn't meet the requirements for an unapproved medical school (of which there are many such unapproved medical schools in the Caribbean) then the license will be denied.

It's pretty clear. Those guidelines are not a guarantee of a license but a procedure to apply for one, which is dependent on the final approval of the committee.

You can find this list on the Texas Medical Board website. If your school isn't there, you'll have a hard time getting a license:

If you're concerned about obtaining a license as a Carib grad, the best thing to do is to ask the Medical Board of the state that you'd like to practice in. In general terms, if you attend SGU or Ross you'll probably be safe. The smaller, lesser known schools could be a problem. Again, check with the Medical Boards.

HAHAHA here we go again no thats the approved list not the list of accepted unapproved schools? , basically it's all the US schools (SO they are unapproved schools? LOL) and a few foreign schools (Not SGU and AUC I might add). I really think people just like to pick on Caribbean schools huh?

Look the law is plain and simple no where it says "SORRY BUT NO SCHOOL NOT APPROVED ON A LIST IS ACCEPTED FOR LICENSE" this is not like California but US Medstudents and a Premeds like to post the at Caribbean Grads cannot be lic in this state and that state and so forth, they just take pleasure in creating a MYTH. and here it is right here in this post again. The exact way it is stated in the post that I take issue with is
You can find this list on the Texas Medical Board website. If your school isn't there, you'll have a hard time getting a license
Excuse me how do you know? You gone through the process? You tried to get a License in Texas without going to a US school or a Foriegn school that is not on the list? Remember SGU and AUC are not on the list so are we saying forget them cause Grads from Saint George's cannot be Licensed in Texas? Really? I think this is an Opinion and a assumption not from experience......................

A FMG can be licensed in Texas without having the school approved on the Texas list, the law says so in black and white, why do you all keep denying the truth?

Then Shrinken tries to be a friend with CHeck with the state, of course check with the state, all the schools in the Caribbean tell the students to do this, I tell them, please do not take the word of us here check out everything before you go around and think what you read here is gospel. I have posted trouble states in the past and I do not disagree that Texas looks at everything, but in reality Texas is not the biggest problem, to be honest Tennessee lately has been.........................

Thats why you stay in the states no matter what. Work and improve yourself till you don't have any other option besides the caribbean schools. scary:smuggrin:

Thats why you stay in the states no matter what. Work and improve yourself till you don't have any other option besides the caribbean schools. scary:smuggrin:

Yes thats true you should work hard and try t stay in the states but.........this information is not new Texas has been this way for years the OP asked a question because ROSS misleads one into thinking they are the only Caribbean school Texas will License, this is not true plain and simple as I have proved, and even others have a chance t be licensed plain and simple, there are no guarantees to Licensure, not even a US grad, yes they can have troubles too sometimes I have read the stories, they exist, work hard and stay tough, there is no such thing a sure thing in life.

As far as going to a Caribbean school it is ok for Primary care mostly, some can get competitive residencies but most will not....................

Foreign medical school graduates in Texas have to go to an "approved school", they keep a list of these schools on the Texas Medical Board's website, SGU, Ross, and AUC are on that list. Lately Texas has been giving trouble to Caribbean graduates, IMGs from the UK and Australia have few problems getting licensed in Texas because schools in those countries perform research in addition to medical education. Still graduates from the Big 3 Caribbean programs can get licensed in Texas.

Foreign medical school graduates in Texas have to go to an "approved school", they keep a list of these schools on the Texas Medical Board's website, SGU, Ross, and AUC are on that list. Lately Texas has been giving trouble to Caribbean graduates, IMGs from the UK and Australia have few problems getting licensed in Texas because schools in those countries perform research in addition to medical education. Still graduates from the Big 3 Caribbean programs can get licensed in Texas.

SABA is considered a "ALL 50 " school and is not on the list.

Like I posted before, it may be tougher in Texas for a Caribbean Grad but not impossible, and I have posted over and over the facts and they are that a Caribbean could get licensed in Texas, they want to review the school you went to, (Good luck) for the most part AUC and SGU should be fine but ROSS has an approval they do not, that has been known for years, nothing is new here but some like to stir the pot................................

Members don't see this ad :)
actually oldpro...you are misinformed. SGU is listed by the country the school is located in (Grenada):

42200 GRENADA (WEST INDIES)
42201 ST GEORGE'S UNIV, SCH OF MED, ST GEORGE'S, GRENADA

actually oldpro...you are misinformed. SGU is listed by the country the school is located in (Grenada):

You're correct, smileyj. For crying out loud there is so much wrong information posted here it's not funny.

I don't understand why any of you go to Carribean schools anyway. If you can't get into a US medical school then you shouldn't be a doctor, as simple as that.

You show no patients by going to a carribean school, you carribean students should have worked harder and waited a year or 2 to go to a US school.

Honestly, if a patient were to ask you where you went to med school, of course you would say, "Ross University".. That would sound legit to them (because it doesn't have the word "carribean" in it). However, if you told them "a carribean medical school" then they would run out of your office quicker than you could give a rectal!

I would never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never see a Carribean doctor. It means you weren't good enough!!

Ok I admit I missed it, SGU,I made a mistake, JOE I"M SORRY you are right about SGU..... but I"m posting you can be licensed the others are posting you cannot, a big difference,

But I'm right about AUC and I'm right about SABA and I'm right about all the other UNAPPROVED schools you can be licensed, I'm not saying you will but the door is not shut.

I don't understand why any of you go to Carribean schools anyway. If you can't get into a US medical school then you shouldn't be a doctor, as simple as that.

You show no patients by going to a carribean school, you carribean students should have worked harder and waited a year or 2 to go to a US school.

Honestly, if a patient were to ask you where you went to med school, of course you would say, "Ross University".. That would sound legit to them (because it doesn't have the word "carribean" in it). However, if you told them "a carribean medical school" then they would run out of your office quicker than you could give a rectal!

I would never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never, never see a Carribean doctor. It means you weren't good enough!!

Uh Caribbean Grads work very hard, it's harder to go to the Caribbean then to stay in the USA, YOu post its harder to gert residencies, true, It harder to pass the USMLE true. so how is it easier?

Glad this is mostly only your opinion. It is not the opinion of most.

90% of patients never ask a Doctor where they went to medical school, I know becuase I have practiced as a RN for 18 years. What you are posting is clearly not based on real life experience. FUnny but no Medical school in the Untited states is reffered to as "JOHNS HOPIKINS SCHOOL OF MEDICINE UNITED STATES" You would say John's Hopkins is where I went, University of FLorida...................ect. I really do not understand the point?

MD is MD we all take the same exams and go through the same residencies.
What will you do when the Chief resident is a Caribbean grad or the Attending is? Guess you will have a tough time.

You will not be able to pick your Doctor in the Emergency room. Good Luck

ALSO I WOULD NOT LET SOMEONE WHO JUST GOT ACCEPTED INTO A US SCHOOL TOUCH ME SINCE THAT MEANS NOTHING,
Going to medical school, learning and passing the 3 steps of the USMLE means something. Your are nothing till you do this and then you are not worth much until after residency.

Huh? No mean spirited people on SDN? If you are not in MEDschool yet then what will you do if you do not get accepted after 2 or three years? Just give up? Give in? I guess you would have a problem if a US student went over seas to Europe to get in too?

TUNVMS1........i hate to tell you this, but the head of the Emory pain clinic is a caribbean grad, so is one of the chief attendings at harvard,......should these people have not gone to the caribbean to do their BASIC SCIENCES, considering only 16 months of the entire medical education is based on a caribbean island and the rest in in the USA. i can tell you i worked for DOZENS of caribbean grads over the past 5 years who were surgeons, anesthesiologists, optholmologists, ENT, etc......your argument carries no weight, you come off as an arrogant know it all, trust me patients will run from attitudes like yours before they will ask where you went to school... please let me know where you intend to practice so I can be the one to run far far far away

The absolute ignorance on this thread amazes me!! For some of us, not getting into a US medical school had nothing to do with grades, or MCAT scores. For some, it had everything to do with age. I'm sorry Tunvms, but the fountain of youth has not been found yet, and until medical admissions committees realize that older applicants have alot to contribute, we will have to seek out alternative to our education.

It has nothing to do with patience (or patients in your case). When you wait and wait and wait for 3, 4, 5 years all the while spending large sums of money on application fees, and travel to interviews a point comes when you quickly realize that your time and money are better spent IN SCHOOL, not trying to get in.

This post shows your complete ignorance of the medical field as a whole. I have worked in medicine for over 10 years...in hospitals, in clinics, in private practices and I have NEVER heard a patient as a doctor where they went to medical school. All the patient cares about is being treated by a DOCTOR. Does not matter if you are a MD or DO, or where you went to school; The Carribean, England, Germany, Poland, Russia, Ireland, Australia, Jordan, Mexico, Ireland, The Netherlands, Israel, China, (insert your favorite country here). All that matters is that you can successfully pass your boards and become licensed. That is it.

Are you absolutely sure you have not been treated by one in the past?? Maybe you didn't physically see the doctor, but instead, maybe they were the pathologist or radiologist or a phone consult (happens in the ER all the time). Going to the carribean has nothing to do with not being good enough. That is along the same line of thinking as someone saying "going to New York Medical College instead of Columbia University means you were not good enough" Everyone will agree that that is just a stupid, ignorant, and immature statement much along the same lines as yours above.

Folks, the point is this: if you truly want to be a doctor then do it!! Don't let anyone, especially the people who frequent this website with their "holy than thou" attitudes convince you not to do it. If it means you have to pack up your life, travel thousands of miles away from your family and friends, just to live out your dream, then do it!!!! In the end you will be the better doctor. Why?? Because you will be exposed to a great education filled with diversity (students from other countries) and humanity (ability to treat people with little or no access to medicine). And in the end, you will be the best asset to the medical community in the US.

Medical schools in Australia, the UK, Ireland, and Continental European countries like Germany and Switzerland are real research medical schools, not diploma mills, residency PDs will know that. I go to an Australian medical school and personally the people I know matched into residencies that generally don't take IMGs, especially Caribbean graduates. DO is probably the next best thing after a US MD program.

i agree smiley j.............joenama, i hate to burst your bubble, but having worked in the healthcare field for years , i can tell you that australian grads who are u.s. citizens are not given special treatment over caribbean grads, lol...that has to be right up there with one of the most laughable comments on this board

Medical schools in Australia, the UK, Ireland, and Continental European countries like Germany and Switzerland are real research medical schools, not diploma mills, residency PDs will know that. I go to an Australian medical school and personally the people I know matched into residencies that generally don't take IMGs, especially Caribbean graduates. DO is probably the next best thing after a US MD program.

You are right to some degree in your post Joe....there are schools in the carribean that are "diploma mills". The important thing is to do lots and lots of RESEARCH. This goes for any school....ask lots of questions to administration, to current students, to past students. If your questions go unanswered then that is not the school for you. There are reputable schools in the carribean, ones who try really hard to attract the best professors, who have great facilities, and who really look out for the students.

And to some degree, there are still programs that have the old school mentality about IMGs and FMGs and will not take them for residencies. But these programs are becoming fewer and fewer each year. Why?? because medicine is evolving. People are starting to realize that its not about where you went to medical school BUT what you learned and if you can apply it. There are many SGU, Ross, AUC, and SABA graduates practicing in the US, as well as doctors from other medical schools throughout the world. Medicine is going global and attitudes are starting to align with this thinking.

Guys, do not feed the troll.
I think Confucius said it best, "Never argue with an idiot.It drags you down to their level, and people will have a difficult time discerning the true idiot."

TUNVMS1........i hate to tell you this, but the head of the Emory pain clinic is a caribbean grad, so is one of the chief attendings at harvard,......should these people have not gone to the caribbean to do their BASIC SCIENCES, considering only 16 months of the entire medical education is based on a caribbean island and the rest in in the USA. I like old pro was an RN before med school and i can tell you i worked for DOZENS of caribbean grads over the past 5 years who were surgeons, anesthesiologists, optholmologists, ENT, etc.......i was accepted to a DO school and CHOSE to go to the caribbean instead................your argument carries no weight, you come off as an arrogant know it all, trust me patients will run from attitudes like yours before they will ask where you went to school... please let me know where you intend to practice so I can be the one to run far far far away

Look, you guys can call me an idiot all you want to. It won't change the fact that your diploma will have a palm tree on it. I am an idiot huh? Well i'm at the top of my MEDICAL class so far and I will be your chief or attending one day.

If you google "worst medical schools" it will pull up all sorts of information about carribean medical schools.

So what that there are a hand full of Carribean grads that are doing well for themselves, that is not the general trend at all.

My sister in law works for a Carribean grad (he hides his degree) and he is about the dumbest physician i have ever met. I as a (US) medical student out diagnose him.

STOP LYING TO YOURSELVES! CARRIBEAN GRADS AREN'T RESPECTED AND USUALLY MAKE PRETTY BAD DOCTORS

Look, you guys can call me an idiot all you want to. It won't change the fact that your diploma will have a palm tree on it. I am an idiot huh? Well i'm at the top of my MEDICAL class so far and I will be your chief or attending one day.

If you google "worst medical schools" it will pull up all sorts of information about carribean medical schools.

So what that there are a hand full of Carribean grads that are doing well for themselves, that is not the general trend at all.

My sister in law works for a Carribean grad (he hides his degree) and he is about the dumbest physician i have ever met. I as a (US) medical student out diagnose him.

STOP LYING TO YOURSELVES! CARRIBEAN GRADS AREN'T RESPECTED AND USUALLY MAKE PRETTY BAD DOCTORS

Google all you want most of these are opinion site not sites with real facts a few are pure fraud.

Bottom line as always post real facts and let us discuss it, not everything is 100% correct always and sometimes it's interpetation.

There are people in US schools right now with lower GPA's and MCAT's then many Caribbean students not anecdotal but facts.

It's hard for us to read such unadulterated hatred of something that has no basis, instead of just saying your opinion you continue to insult us, thats just not ethical behavior of someone who is a premed (you may be a medstudent I do not know)

To be honest here I posted to correct another post then you posted several things that were inflammatory now its going too far.

If you are a premed then good luck and work hard and try to get into a DO or MD school in the US. But please stop the anger thing, Caribbean gads are not all the same, yes there are bad ones but there are some amazing people who become MD's from the Caribbean, just as there are good and bad from the US, please lets not say every Doc that grads from the US is awesome because 18 years of Nursing I know thats not true.....................Common sense also tells you that.:luck:

tunvms1....you know i wish i had nothing better to do than to get on an internet message board and insult people who you may in fact work for when you are finished (if you dont think a caribbean grad could one day be your attending then you are very misguided).......so you are on the top of your class? guess what, i was too lol,,,why dont you get a girlfriend and spend time with her in your spare time instead of this, you have alot to learn little boy.

tunvms1....you know i wish i had nothing better to do than to get on an internet message board and insult people who you may in fact work for when you are finished (if you dont think a caribbean grad could one day be your attending then you are very misguided).......so you are on the top of your class? guess what, i was too lol,,,i was accepted DO and went carib MD instead........why dont you get a girlfriend and spend time with her in your spare time instead of this, you have alot to learn little boy.

I have a Wife thank you. And I'm not a little boy. Why don't you send me a private message with your personal information (phone number) and I'll give you a call to see if we can work this out. Trust me, if you met me in person, you would not dare run your little arrogant mouth.

So be a man, stand up and send me your phone number. If you don't then you can sit down, shut up and keep on being a little girl.

Time to lock the thread?

tunvms1...it looks as though dr aaron has beat me to it but I feel that I must reiterate his point. get a life buddy. You obviously get your rocks off by patrolling Caribbean threads belittling others. I'm afraid the joke is on you. I mean seriously WTF. You know if i had to bet your probably not at the top of your class, hell I bet you're not even in med school. You're probably some pizza faced college freshman with a misguided opinion and a chip on your shoulder. I'm not defending the carib...I'm not in the carib. That being said, I do have friends down there. They are fine men and will be fine physicians. Hell I think having a palm tree on the old diploma would be pretty sweet, too bad mine will only have seal of Texas. You know if I really wanted to make some money gambling, I would say googling "kid who's never been laid" would result with a couple TUNVMS1 pages.

Tunvms1....thank you for proving the point that you are a arrogant little boy, and im not giving you my personal information (sorry, i know you cant get a girlfriend and i'm really flattered but come on man!) oh, and after being in the military i doubt you are something for me to fear....lol lots of luck--to your poor patients at least

GUys before you get into trouble Uh TUNVMS1 was banned look under the name.

Insults and flames will get PM's I would think?

German medical schools are not that difficult to get into and also do not charge any tuition so they don't quality for traditional financial aid, the only catch is that you must have fluent command of the German language. International students need to take a German language exam to prove they can read, speak, and write fluent German. The academic requirements to enter a German medical school are a minimum of 2 years of college with a 3.0 GPA or better. It takes six years to finish a medical degree in Germany, in the past, in the 60's, Americans used to study in Europe if they could not get into a US medical school. Germany was one of the more popular countries to get a medical degree. Obviously there are other issues, the German system does not directly prepare you for the USMLE, still physicians educated in Western Europe and Australia are on par or are superior to their US counterparts. British and Australian trained physicians have superior clinical skills compared to US educated physicians.

guys, time to let it go, the guy was banned (not by me). But what I'd say is don't stoop to their level. There's no reasoning with these people and you endanger your own SDN membership if you engage in this kind of flaming. These people are either trolling to deliberately get a rise out of you, or they actually think like this. You will encounter these people in real life, so you might as well learn now to deal with these prejudices and let them roll off your backs. It's useless to expend any effort in engaging them.

I just went on the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, AUC is on their list:
http://www.tmb.state.tx.us/professionals/physicians/applicants/physicianapplicants.php

65401 AMERICAN UNIV OF THE CARIBBEAN, SCH OF MED, ST MAARTEN, NETHERLANDS ANTILLES

WOW I'm really sorry then I let the other poster get to me, I thought they were in the NA, SABA as it seems is in the NA I know thats true, so they are out but AUC and SGA and ROSS are in for the approved schools list. SO I was mislead about the Ross special circumstances as well as ROSS themselves misleading that on the website too.

On last note this does not change the fact that Texas has not closed the door but they have made it a lot tougher for unapproved schools

hasnt it always been the case that regardless of the school, if youre an IMG/FMG you have to be approved case by case. not as a lump sum from that school.

Maybe someone should inform the Texas Medical Board about this. They must have forgotten about not licensing Carib grads anymore when they put SGU on their school equivalency list. :rolleyes:

Scroll down to Grenada under foreign schools.

IT MEANS THE US SYSTEM IS FLAWED AND JUST BECAUSE A STUDENT BEATS OUT ANOTHER STUDENT FOR A SEAT BY LETS SAY 1/10TH POINT DOESN T MAKE THE ONE WHO GOT IN A BETTER DOCTOR...YOU WILL LEARN THAT IN TIME SINCE YOU RE UNAWARE OF LIFE'S RULES..THE SCHOOL DOESN T MAKE THE DOCTOR BUT THE PERSON DOES..