Texas dental school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Illstartmydiet2maro

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I'm from Cali and applying to a Texas dental school. Do I need to fill out another application other than aadsas? I submitt r aadsas and haven't gotten any notice about applying to another application?

Members don't see this ad.

TMDSAS is TX residents only, you just do AADSAS

Are your stats competitive? Cuz they are prettttyyyyyy selective

TMDSAS is TX residents only, you just do AADSAS

Are your stats competitive? Cuz they are prettttyyyyyy selective
Nah OOS schools applicants can also use TMDSAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Texas schools only accept Texas residents. The ADEA Handbook says that the percentage of OOS Acceptances are 0%.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Texas schools only accept Texas residents. The ADEA Handbook says that the percentage of OOS Acceptances are 0%.
No, they definitely do accept OOS students. Just not very many.

Reactions: 1 user
And a&m even accepts internationals but even less haha

Lol damn.. welp there goes 150 bucks
You're fine, they accept TMDSAS for out-state, but i think A&M's secondary is an extra $50 for those applying out of Texas. Not sure if the other two schools have a secondary for out state students, dont think there is though but i would double check incase

Only A&M has a secondary. The other two do not.

You can apply as an OOS using TMDSAS, which is cheaper than do it through AADSAS

Unless you're an amazing applicant, it's not even worth filling out TMDSAS if you're OOS in my opinion.

Reactions: 2 users
My friend was waitlisted at harvard, got into columbia, got dean's scholarship $120k from Penn and got into two full-ride dds phd combined programs but this friend did not get interviews from Tx schools just fyi.

But again, this friend also did not get interviews from Nebraska and Creighton. Cause this friend was just not good enough for TX schools and these two.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
My friend was waitlisted at harvard, got into columbia, got dean's scholarship $120k from Penn and got into two full-ride dds phd combined programs but this friend did not get interviews from Tx schools just fyi.

But again, this friend also did not get interviews from Arkansas and Creighton. Cause this friend was just not good enough for TX schools and these two.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Your friend probably didn't get an interview from Arkansas because they don't have a dental school.

Reactions: 7 users
You're fine, they accept TMDSAS for out-state, but i think A&M's secondary is an extra $50 for those applying out of Texas. Not sure if the other two schools have a secondary for out state students, dont think there is though but i would double check incase
I only applied to a&m and I did it through aadsas.. is this ok? If I get a secondary they'll notify me right?

I only applied to a&m and I did it through aadsas.. is this ok? If I get a secondary they'll notify me right?
I called A&M and they encouraged OOS and international people to apply through AADSAS.
Feralis attends Columbia I think

Reactions: 1 users
Yea it's fine, I mentioned TMDSAS because it's cheaper. I filled out the secondary right away, i don't remember getting an email about it. They don't review your application until your secondary is complete.
Go to this link: Application Procedures , and read under "Secondary Application" and the "out-of-state applicants" sections, and there are instructions on how to access the application, fill it out as soon as you can.

I have a question as well, I'm also applying to UTHSC Houston as an OOS, on AASDAS on the questions page for the school they have a question that says "Personal Essay for the Dental School Application" and it gives space for 3000 characters? Is this supposed to be a shortened version of my personal statement or what? Anyone have any idea?

I have a question as well, I'm also applying to UTHSC Houston as an OOS, on AASDAS on the questions page for the school they have a question that says "Personal Essay for the Dental School Application" and it gives space for 3000 characters? Is this supposed to be a shortened version of my personal statement or what? Anyone have any idea?
pretty sure you can write another one or copy/paste the one from AADSAS. I put the same essay for A&M but I probably added like 1000 characters because I wanted it to be a little more inclusive

pretty sure you can write another one or copy/paste the one from AADSAS. I put the same essay for A&M but I probably added like 1000 characters because I wanted it to be a little more inclusive
are u texas resident?

are u texas resident?
Nope. International A&M is the only school that considers internationala. I had to call all 3 schools so this morning I got a little more info on the primary (OOS have to do so AADSAS, then secondary, then primary).the admissions lady said you can copy paste but as far as I know you don't have a limit. The initial essay I wrote for AADSAS had like 5400 characters but I had to cut it shorter. On A&M application I was able to include all of it
Getting an interview at A&M for me is probably more of a long shot than Harvard because I'm international but u never know. I really like A&M and I have a few family friends in Dallas. I would love to go there if given the chance

they are only allowed to take up to 10% of out of state students...so stats must be high to get in.

A word of friendly advice, Houston is the absolute least OOS friendly of the three

A word of friendly advice, Houston is the absolute least OOS friendly of the three
Thanks for the advice, I ended up not applying anyways, for that reason and other reasons