Texas File Review Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WoT_A_Scrub_

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all, I am a Texas applicant who applied to the schools here last year and am reapplying now. During which I attended file reviews, where someone from the admissions office sits down with you and discusses the strengths and weaknesses of your application. Often, they asked me to email them when I had submitted my secondary application to their school. Does anyone know what the significance of that is? Is it a formality, or do they actually note it down on your application? I appreciate any help you can provide.
 
Don't know if it is different for Texas, but I received a few feedback sessions from programs with some saying to email them when I submitted secondary and others saying nothing. The ones I emailed didn't respond so I don't think it actually means anything (but at least they remembered me when I interviewed again).