Texas Folks

Started by STAC
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

STAC

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I know this isn't the "official" place to ask, but is there a thread for the Texas College of Osteopathic Medicine? I ask this because TCOM is included in the schools you can apply to using the TMDSAS and because no one "over there" has responded yet.
Thanks!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
don't make me take you out back cehind the woodshed and beat you like a red-headed stepchild...

🙄
 
how about going "over there" and making such thread. I go over there often and there never has been one
 
why are you bumping this up?!?

TCOM is an osteopathic school, there is an osteopathic forum for this reason, and there is a TCOM thread over there.

newbies

🙄
 
JEEZ! Dude! Chill out! What do you care anyway? Or is this just to smart off?! If you don't care...don't open the thread, isn't that how it works big guy?
 
Originally posted by STAC
JEEZ! Dude! Chill out! What do you care anyway? Or is this just to smart off?! If you don't care...don't open the thread, isn't that how it works big guy?

If you only knew.

Next thing we'll see is a "bikini cut or thong" thread from you in the pre-allo forums....

🙄
 
Originally posted by Gleevec
Dont worry about XCanadianRagwee, he's from JHU aka Gunner-city. He probably doesnt know how to interact with normal, well-adjusted people anymore. So don't take it personally. Just make sure to end all your posts with a "🙄 " and you'll be fine in a conversation with him.

Hey... I went to Hopkins undergrad... and I just wanted to say we're not all gunners! I am the furthest thing from it. 😀

And I am very good at interacting with normal, well-adjusted people... most of the time... :laugh:
 
Originally posted by lilstina
Hey... I went to Hopkins undergrad... and I just wanted to say we're not all gunners! I am the furthest thing from it. 😀

And I am very good at interacting with normal, well-adjusted people... most of the time... :laugh:

Point well, taken, I shouldnt generalize like that, my bad! Sorry! 🙁
 
Originally posted by Gleevec
Point well, taken, I shouldnt generalize like that, my bad! Sorry! 🙁

i went on recruiting trip to JHU for undergrad and was miserable after 2 days. as for spending 4 years there....

generalization: valid

😀
 
Originally posted by Gleevec
Point well, taken, I shouldnt generalize like that, my bad! Sorry! 🙁

Hehe... don't worry about it... there are plenty of those at Hopkins that do fit the stereotype. I think I just wasn't smart enough to be one of them. 😛

Originally posted by lane
i went on recruiting trip to JHU for undergrad and was miserable after 2 days. as for spending 4 years there....

generalization: valid

😀

Hey... now those are real fightin' words! :laugh: You do have a point though... and given the chance, would I go there again? It's a good question. 😀 But I gotta have some pride in my undergrad eh?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Originally posted by lilstina
Hey... now those are real fightin' words! :laugh: You do have a point though... and given the chance, would I go there again? It's a good question. 😀 But I gotta have some pride in my undergrad eh?
:laugh: just be proud you survived and turned out the way you did
kiss.gif
 
Originally posted by lane
:laugh: just be proud you survived and turned out the way you did
kiss.gif

That could be a good or bad statement... but I'll take it as a good one. :laugh:
 
Originally posted by Gleevec
Dont worry about XCanadianRagwee, he's from JHU aka Gunner-city. He probably doesnt know how to interact with normal, well-adjusted people anymore. So don't take it personally. Just make sure to end all your posts with a "🙄 " and you'll be fine in a conversation with him.
However, I have noticed that she/he doesn't really offer any real help to anyone, just criticisim and sarcasm. It is really annoying isn't it?!
Thanks for the heads up!
 
yeah,
ragweed is a total ass. remember that nerdy kid in the back of the classroom who even the teachers didnt like because he would always be making snide comments that only he found humorous....well he decided to join this website. he gets his kicks out of wasting everyones time on the internet. sounds pretty fun, huh. in other words, ignore everything he has to say, including his overuse of the roll-eyes.
 
Originally posted by STAC
However, I have noticed that she/he doesn't really offer any real help to anyone, just criticisim and sarcasm. It is really annoying isn't it?!
Thanks for the heads up!

hes not all that bad...if noone else is gonna help out the omaha loving guy (where my best friend goes to school by the way) i will...haha
 
FYI for those who also applied to TCOM along with the other texas schools through the TMDSAS. TCOM just today received 75 applications from Austin.
They will be interviewing until 16 December.
They will call you if you are invited for an interview as they go through each applicant. Otherwise...you are still in review.
If anyone cares to call and verify with them the # is 1-800-535-TCOM.

No need to have a cow b/c this is osteopathic school info... its here for Texas applicants who have an easy time applying here b/c of the TMDSAS.
 
Originally posted by STAC
FYI for those who also applied to TCOM along with the other texas schools through the TMDSAS. TCOM just today received 75 applications from Austin.
They will be interviewing until 16 December.
They will call you if you are invited for an interview as they go through each applicant. Otherwise...you are still in review.
If anyone cares to call and verify with them the # is 1-800-535-TCOM.

No need to have a cow b/c this is osteopathic school info... its here for Texas applicants who have an easy time applying here b/c of the TMDSAS.

I wanna call BS on the 75 apps received today at TCOM. No STAC not calling you a liar, but everythign was due November 1st, and TX was fast in getting stuff sent to the schools.

If it's not BS I feel osrry for those who TCOM jsut received their applications. A short notice for those possible interviewees.
 
YOU call someone a liar?! NEVER!!!

But yeah, 75 apps today...the lady told me.
 
TCOM called on Monday (missed the message on Thursday left at my work #) to my cell and invited me to interview either dec. 16 or 19th which is their last interview day. FYI for those still waiting to hear something.

Anyone getting last minute calls from UTMB or UT-Houston?
 
I believe you STAC. This was probably the last applications processed through TMDSAS.

Question to everyone who applied to Baylor and got accepted... are you pretty sure about going there or is there a school on TMDSAS that you rank higher and would rather go to. If you aren't when do you turn down your place for the TMDSAS when you match? Just wondering...