Texas med schools

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

medic8m

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am attempting to stay in Texas(Houston) for medical school (I recently moved here). As far as the match goes, I was accepted to San Antonio and accepted their offer. Does this eliminate me from consideration from UT Houston? I havent received a rejection yet but do they communicate with the other UTs? Will they scap my application? I was hoping to stay in Houston.

Anybody? It was unclear from the TMDSAS website.

Members don't see this ad.

If you ranked Houston higher on the match than San Antonio, you will remain on Houston's waitlist (assuming you got waitlisted) until June 1st. After that date, no offers of admission can be made to someone holding a seat at another Texas medical school, and you will be attending San Antonio.

If that's the case, then I'll see you there!

Originally posted by tycho55
If you ranked Houston higher on the match than San Antonio, you will remain on Houston's waitlist (assuming you got waitlisted) until June 1st. After that date, no offers of admission can be made to someone holding a seat at another Texas medical school, and you will be attending San Antonio.

If that's the case, then I'll see you there!

That will be great, I actually really liked S.A. when I interviewed there. I didnt get interviews anywhere else so I had to rate S.A. 1st. I thought they still did interviews after the match though. Oh well, Im pretty much set on S.A. now. I need to find housing now, any advice on where to start? I would love to walk or bike to class if possible. Thanks

If you didnt get an interview before the match you are not on their waitlist.