Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Texas people

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by McSexyDDS, Apr 22, 2007.

1. McSexyDDS

McSexyDDS 2009 Applicant
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    hi! ok i'm crazy non-traditional student! ok so my LOR will not be from the health professions committee at my school, but i have 2 EXCELLENT ones. one from a past instructor and one from a dentist...with baylor it says that one of them has to be a dentist...ok so do i need 3 for baylor, or will the one dentist count and meet both requirements?
    thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. toothfairy85

toothfairy85 Guest

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    It is my understanding that the dental schools in Texas require a health professions committee letter or 2 letters from professors if you are not submitting a committee evaluation. In addition to those 2 letters, Baylor College of Dentistry requires one from a dentist. So, you would need at least 3 letters if you are applying Baylor, which in your case, I would submit three letters to all three schools in Texas, assuming you are applying to Baylor, Houston, and San Antonio.

4. aggie-master

aggie-master Scrub
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    You need at least three letters. Since you are a non-traditional applicant, try getting one from your current boss or a former employer.

5. CSI Dentist

2+ Year Member

Non-Student
    I am pretty sure you need two from science instructors, plus one from a dentist. If you were out of school for a while then get one from your coworker, or a supervisor or something like that. They don't require HPO letter but they prefer it. So my HPO is now using interfolio, maybe you should use that to submit your letters as well.

6. McSexyDDS

McSexyDDS 2009 Applicant
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    thank you guys....
    ahhh now where oh where to get that 3rd recommendation letter:scared:
    boss=dentist that i speak of.
    and your absolutely sure begging and pleading doesn't get you in?:) just checking...

7. futuredds1101

futuredds1101 Junior Member
    2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    maybe you could get the third one from the supervisor of the organization you have been volunteering with (assuming you have been volunteering;) )

8. aggie-master

aggie-master Scrub
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I only submitted one from a science prof and I got into all three schools in the first round.

I did get a letter from my undergrad school's HPO.