Texas people

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

McSexyDDS

2009 Applicant
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi! ok i'm crazy non-traditional student! ok so my LOR will not be from the health professions committee at my school, but i have 2 EXCELLENT ones. one from a past instructor and one from a dentist...with baylor it says that one of them has to be a dentist...ok so do i need 3 for baylor, or will the one dentist count and meet both requirements?
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

It is my understanding that the dental schools in Texas require a health professions committee letter or 2 letters from professors if you are not submitting a committee evaluation. In addition to those 2 letters, Baylor College of Dentistry requires one from a dentist. So, you would need at least 3 letters if you are applying Baylor, which in your case, I would submit three letters to all three schools in Texas, assuming you are applying to Baylor, Houston, and San Antonio.

You need at least three letters. Since you are a non-traditional applicant, try getting one from your current boss or a former employer.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am pretty sure you need two from science instructors, plus one from a dentist. If you were out of school for a while then get one from your coworker, or a supervisor or something like that. They don't require HPO letter but they prefer it. So my HPO is now using interfolio, maybe you should use that to submit your letters as well.

thank you guys....
ahhh now where oh where to get that 3rd recommendation letter:scared:
boss=dentist that i speak of.
and your absolutely sure begging and pleading doesn't get you in?:) just checking...

maybe you could get the third one from the supervisor of the organization you have been volunteering with (assuming you have been volunteering;) )

I am pretty sure you need two from science instructors, plus one from a dentist.

I only submitted one from a science prof and I got into all three schools in the first round.

I did get a letter from my undergrad school's HPO.