TEXAS POST BACC

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by FutureToothFairy_12, Oct 9, 2017.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. FutureToothFairy_12

FutureToothFairy_12

Jul 16, 2017
    Like Texas dental schools, do they except majority of their residents as well? I know Baylor targets URMs. I'm a URM, out of state, and come from a low-income family if that helps any.

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. FanOfCostco

FanOfCostco 5+ Year Member

Jan 30, 2012
    Like are you asking like in state residents? Because Texas likes Texas residents. They like accept a lot of Texas. Out of state has a very very low chance

4. FutureToothFairy_12

FutureToothFairy_12

Jul 16, 2017
    I'm asking as an out of state resident looking to apply to a post bacc in Texas. But I get what you're saying though.

5. Michael_Scott

Michael_Scott Best Boss

Sep 3, 2016
    it is Texas A&M not baylor
    they like URM's very much but at the same time, URM's of Texas more. You have to really fight for a spot if you are OOS and also need a high DAT and sGPA.

6. Advance

Advance The Unholy 2+ Year Member

May 9, 2014
    Texas
    Our school doesn’t accept OOS students into the post bacc program unfortunately. OP can do a post bacc at another school though. A few of my classmates did a masters in medical sciences at UNT so you could look into that if you want.

7. Michael_Scott

Michael_Scott Best Boss

Sep 3, 2016
    OP was asking about after post-bacc are student's likely to get into texas schools, atleast that's what I understood.

Advance likes this.
  8. Advance

Advance The Unholy 2+ Year Member

May 9, 2014
    Texas
    Oh ok I see.