Texas PT school stats

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ez1023dpt

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering about the stats of people who have been accepted to PT schools in Texas. GPA, observation hour, GRE and which schools you got accepted to. I'm in the process of putting together my application and would really love to stay in Texas because of financial purposes. if anyone have any helpful information, it will be ver much appreciated. :)

Members don't see this ad.

You would have to go to the individual school's site for this type of information, as they aren't part of a centralized application system. Sorry! Each school also seems to vary widely with their stats of accepted students.

What is your stat for TWU. I will only have a 3.4 pre-req and 3.5 overall. But I have a lot of volunteer hours from pediatrics, sports med, orthopedic, neuro and doing a lot more hours at TIRR. Also, I have research experience which my professor told me he will give me a good recommendation letter for. I want to go to UTMB... Also, will it hurt if I go to a community college for some of the pre-requisites? There is a big financial relief with $150 compared to $1000 per class. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
I had a 3.4 pre-requisite GPA with 700+ hours of observation and an overall GPA of 3.75. You should be just fine getting in somewhere! I was accepted to University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center and Texas Tech.

Good luck!

What is your stat for TWU. I will only have a 3.4 pre-req and 3.5 overall. But I have a lot of volunteer hours from pediatrics, sports med, orthopedic, neuro and doing a lot more hours at TIRR. Also, I have research experience which my professor told me he will give me a good recommendation letter for. I want to go to UTMB... Also, will it hurt if I go to a community college for some of the pre-requisites? There is a big financial relief with $150 compared to $1000 per class. Thank you.

Hi,

I'm from UTEP and from what I see, Texas schools really look at stats. Thankfully for you, you have competitive stats. UTMB is very competitive from what I hear. I would get in contact with a faculty staff member from that program if you have questions. As for community college, that is what I'm doing. I retook a few classes that I got C's in and got A's to replace them. Depending on where I apply, I'm looking at a 3.5-3.7 GPA on pre-reqs. I would do it if I were you. It will be added to the overall GPA, but they will replace it with the better grade on the pre-req GPA. From the teachers I've spoken to, it won't matter. Good luck! :)

Heyo,

My stats, if I can still remember them were...

cum gpa: 3.8ish
last 60hrs: 3.99
math/science 3-8-3.9

You should be fine with your stats, honestly. You have research, exp, and a good? LOR. going to a comm college won't hurt, but some could say it depends on what class you take at the cc.

do well on the gre, write a great personal statement/interest letter, make sure to get great LORs, and you should be fine.