1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Texas Residency Question

Discussion in 'Pre-Physical Therapy' started by Reganpt, Jan 18, 2018.

1. Reganpt

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has any information regarding claiming Texas in-state residency for next PT application cycle. I plan to move to Texas this Summer and would be considered a resident before the start of school (12 months of living in TX). However, my question is can I claim myself as an in state resident at the time of the application deadline (October-January for most schools)?

Any information would help. Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. mk187

Pre-Physical Therapy
    Did you find an answer to this question? My guess would be you would be considered out of state at time of application, and if you get accepted, you can petition your status and if you have good evidence you didn't do it for educational purposes only they will approve of it. I want to do the same thing, so let us know any information you found!

4. MBPB

Pre-Physical Therapy
    You can do it. Just make sure you have documents to verify your residence in the state 1 year before your program start date.