Texas Schools..help =[

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TOOTHFAIRY^^^

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Also does anyone have any suggestion for about 5-6 out of state schools? Tx resident. I don't think it would be smart of me to apply to too many schools this late in the game..any thoughts?

I know of someone who applied this late that got into UofP so if I were you I would apply to a few oos to increase your odds. Sorry I can't help much but your stats are good so I think you will be fine. Baylor lets you fax your DAT scores the others wouldn't let me.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It's late, but it is possible. I know someone who applied September, and got into Houston.

For the out of states, I would recommend applying to UoP, Western, NOVA, Midwestern, NYU, and Tufts. There are many out of state friendly schools, but you can choose which six you want to apply to.

will you finish your MPH before to entering dental school? the tx schools will want you to finish prior to beginning their program.

Thank you to everyone who replied--

Ruffday, did your friend have similar stats?
Have yall heard of people calling the deans/emailing them statements of interest or anything like that? I think I might end up doing that in December..

jsptr, Yes I have taken the appropriate credits each semester to be sure that I will be done by the time I begin dental school

I'm basically praying like hell for some kind of an interview no matter when it is.. any kind of interview would be a godsend.

Stats look good so I would still apply. Houston only fills half their class by December 1st so don't be deterred. You can call/email them now just to make yourself a familiar name.

OOS: Tufts, NOVA, Roseman, LECOM, and ASDOH (especially since you're interested in public health ie. working towards a MPH, they love that over there)

Reactions: 1 user
I don't see any reason to why you would need to email Dr. Pierpoint, especially if your application/DAT scores are not in yet.

thanks everyone. this thread can be deleted now. I got the info that I needed.

typical avg student, why would I do that? that would be silly.