Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Texas schools secondaries?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by qweewq11, Jun 29, 2002.

1. qweewq11

qweewq11 Smiley orgy organizer

Since I have state residency in Texas I will be applying to several Texas schools. Does anyone know what the secondaries for the various TX schools look like? Are they long and scary, or are they pretty reasonable? And is there much overlap between, say, UT Southwestern and UT Galveston? Or are they all similar?

Edit: To clarify somewhat, is there any reason (other than the extra $$) NOT to apply to every single Texas school? Or are the secondaries long and complicated enough so that it makes sense to only apply to some?

TIA!
    :)

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. The Mysterious Stranger

The Mysterious Stranger Senior Member

No, the secondaries aren't long and scary. Houston and Galveston don't have them. San Antonio's is almost a replica of the BIO section on TMDSAS. I think, am not sure, that only two schools have secondary fees. SW, A&M, and Baylor are the only schools that ask for an essay, and A&M and SW ask basically the same question. TECH and SW also make you write your science courses, but only science. I thought it would be arduous also but was quite surprised!