texas schools??...

angietom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 27, 2005
    NileBDS said:
    Have you even tried looking for them before posting a whole thread about it ?
    http://ada.org/prof/prac/licensure/us_b.pdf
    Good luck ...

As a matter of fact i did...i have called all the schools and they only take students on the basis of space availability...and tat hasnt happened for the last 6 yrs!...
    if ther is anyone from texas i wud like to kno wat r the options u r considering??....out of state??...is tat our only option?????????...!!!!...

About the Ads

cheer_up

10+ Year Member
    5+ Year Member
    Oct 2, 2005
    1. Non-Student
      angietom said:
      Hi all

Does any of the dental schools in Texas have the Advanced Standing Program available for foreign trained dentists???....help!....

Yeah, I did call up the schools in Texas a while back and was told that they only accepted in-state residents only and the spots are very limited.

NileBDS

SDNator
      Moderator Emeritus
      10+ Year Member
      7+ Year Member
      Jan 9, 2006
      Connecticut
      1. Dentist
        angietom said:
        As a matter of fact i did...i have called all the schools and they only take students on the basis of space availability...and tat hasnt happened for the last 6 yrs!....
        Hey angie.
        Your question was implying that you wanted to know of any Texas advanced standing programs, not how difficult their selection criteria is.
        However, I agree witth everyone else as well. You need to be at least a TX resident and some of them go as far as asking for GRE's.
        Go figure.
        Although I still believe that if you are good enough, you can pull it off.
        Good luck.

cheer_up

10+ Year Member
        5+ Year Member
        Oct 2, 2005
        1. Non-Student
          tweetybird said:
          They not only prefer Tx residents but you need to be a perm. resident to get anywhere near them. I got fed up of waiting, so changed my profession!!!

Yeah, that is what I meant by "in-state residents", ie you have to be a permanent resident, in this case, Texas permanent resident.

angietom

10+ Year Member
          5+ Year Member
          May 27, 2005
            cheer_up said:
            Yeah, that is what I meant by "in-state residents", ie you have to be a permanent resident, in this case, Texas permanent resident.

hey tweetybird

hope ur happy n doin gud with ur new profession...i too am at the peak of frustration!

tweetybird

10+ Year Member
            5+ Year Member
            Jul 6, 2004
              cheer_up said:

I meant Tx resident and perm resident of the US. They insist that you must attain permanent residency before you start college and not be the process of getting one. Atleast that's what I was told 2 years ago. I qualify as a Tx resident but am not a perm resident of the US!!!

Angie...I am very happy with my new profession. Although I'm yet to graduate with my Master's, I'm not regretting a minute of my decision. Maybe I'll get back to dentistry in future.
              Till then the knowledge I gain will help make me useful...somewhere!! :laugh: :smuggrin:

CLUELESS IN US

10+ Year Member
              Aug 12, 2005
                may i ask what profession you have chosen, i too am in the same boat, so please tell me thanks.
                some where close to texas
                [email protected]
                tweetybird said:
                I meant Tx resident and perm resident of the US. They insist that you must attain permanent residency before you start college and not be the process of getting one. Atleast that's what I was told 2 years ago. I qualify as a Tx resident but am not a perm resident of the US!!!

Angie...I am very happy with my new profession. Although I'm yet to graduate with my Master's, I'm not regretting a minute of my decision. Maybe I'll get back to dentistry in future.
                Till then the knowledge I gain will help make me useful...somewhere!! :laugh: :smuggrin:

richa sharma

10+ Year Member
                5+ Year Member
                Aug 1, 2005
                  PREETHI said:
                  hi richa,
                  ru from jaipur dental college....
                  let me know....
                  i am from saveetha ...

Hi Preethi,
                  I am from SPDC ,Wardha,Maharashtra.
                  I had taken GRE so as to apply in Baylor,TX.It requires the Foreign trained dentists to take Toefl and GRE Gen test. But unfortunately i am not a permanent resident of US:(((..so hard luck...I have heard tht Baylor accepts only perm .residents..I was advised to reapply for 2007 anyways ...

Does anyone know anything about Baylor taking foreign trained dentists..

Good luck to everyone.
                  regards.

About the Ads
                  This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                  7. This thread is locked.