texas schools??...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

angietom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Does any of the dental schools in Texas have the Advanced Standing Program available for foreign trained dentists???....help!....

Members don't see this ad.

NileBDS said:
Have you even tried looking for them before posting a whole thread about it ?
http://ada.org/prof/prac/licensure/us_b.pdf
Good luck ...

As a matter of fact i did...i have called all the schools and they only take students on the basis of space availability...and tat hasnt happened for the last 6 yrs!...
if ther is anyone from texas i wud like to kno wat r the options u r considering??....out of state??...is tat our only option?????????...!!!!...

Members don't see this ad :)
angietom said:
Hi all

Does any of the dental schools in Texas have the Advanced Standing Program available for foreign trained dentists???....help!....

Yeah, I did call up the schools in Texas a while back and was told that they only accepted in-state residents only and the spots are very limited.

yup!thatz right! :thumbup: they prefer only texas residents!
cheer_up said:
Yeah, I did call up the schools in Texas a while back and was told that they only accepted in-state residents only and the spots are very limited.

They not only prefer Tx residents but you need to be a perm. resident to get anywhere near them. I got fed up of waiting, so changed my profession!!!

angietom said:
As a matter of fact i did...i have called all the schools and they only take students on the basis of space availability...and tat hasnt happened for the last 6 yrs!....
Hey angie.
Your question was implying that you wanted to know of any Texas advanced standing programs, not how difficult their selection criteria is.
However, I agree witth everyone else as well. You need to be at least a TX resident and some of them go as far as asking for GRE's.
Go figure.
Although I still believe that if you are good enough, you can pull it off.
Good luck.

tweetybird said:
They not only prefer Tx residents but you need to be a perm. resident to get anywhere near them. I got fed up of waiting, so changed my profession!!!

Yeah, that is what I meant by "in-state residents", ie you have to be a permanent resident, in this case, Texas permanent resident.

cheer_up said:
Yeah, that is what I meant by "in-state residents", ie you have to be a permanent resident, in this case, Texas permanent resident.

hey tweetybird

hope ur happy n doin gud with ur new profession...i too am at the peak of frustration!

cheer_up said:

I meant Tx resident and perm resident of the US. They insist that you must attain permanent residency before you start college and not be the process of getting one. Atleast that's what I was told 2 years ago. I qualify as a Tx resident but am not a perm resident of the US!!!

Angie...I am very happy with my new profession. Although I'm yet to graduate with my Master's, I'm not regretting a minute of my decision. Maybe I'll get back to dentistry in future.
Till then the knowledge I gain will help make me useful...somewhere!! :laugh: :smuggrin:

cheer_up said:

Hey Cheer up,
did u try getting any info from Baylor,TX.
thnks
richa

hi richa,
ru from jaipur dental college....
let me know....
i am from saveetha ...
richa sharma said:
Hey Cheer up,
did u try getting any info from Baylor,TX.
thnks
richa

may i ask what profession you have chosen, i too am in the same boat, so please tell me thanks.
some where close to texas
[email protected]
tweetybird said:
I meant Tx resident and perm resident of the US. They insist that you must attain permanent residency before you start college and not be the process of getting one. Atleast that's what I was told 2 years ago. I qualify as a Tx resident but am not a perm resident of the US!!!

Angie...I am very happy with my new profession. Although I'm yet to graduate with my Master's, I'm not regretting a minute of my decision. Maybe I'll get back to dentistry in future.
Till then the knowledge I gain will help make me useful...somewhere!! :laugh: :smuggrin:

jojo here :D
Try to apply for Specialty Programs in Texas, like Prostho, it's a 4 year Program, and you allowed to practice in Texas upon graduation.
Annnnd jojo out
:laugh:

PREETHI said:
hi richa,
ru from jaipur dental college....
let me know....
i am from saveetha ...

Hi Preethi,
I am from SPDC ,Wardha,Maharashtra.
I had taken GRE so as to apply in Baylor,TX.It requires the Foreign trained dentists to take Toefl and GRE Gen test. But unfortunately i am not a permanent resident of US:(((..so hard luck...I have heard tht Baylor accepts only perm .residents..I was advised to reapply for 2007 anyways ...

Does anyone know anything about Baylor taking foreign trained dentists..

Good luck to everyone.
regards.