Texas Tech and UH question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jessicamed

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know how many pre-reqs are required to be done before applying to these schools? I know you don't have to finish all your pre-reqs before applying, but is there like a rule where you have to have certain amount of science classes done before applying? I treied looking for it on their site but i couldn't find anything. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if there is an actual minimum- but it's highly recommended that you are at least enrolled in Orgo 1 in the fall prior to when you would start your first year of pharmacy. Along those same lines, I would think that you would have to have Bio1 and 2 already done and be enrolled in Microbio, genetics or anatomy and physio during that same fall semester (or the latter could be done in the spring).
I'm pretty positive that Tech requires that you have all of your sciences done by the spring before you start the program. For ex. if you applied for the incoming class of 2005, you have to have all of your science prereqs done by May of 2005.

jessicamed said:
Does anyone know how many pre-reqs are required to be done before applying to these schools? I know you don't have to finish all your pre-reqs before applying, but is there like a rule where you have to have certain amount of science classes done before applying? I treied looking for it on their site but i couldn't find anything. Thanks

for UH, you have to have your math and science courses done by the end of the spring semester before P1. all other courses must be finished before the start of P1 (so you have the summer to complete those courses) hope that helps!