Texas Tech Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yeah i talked to him couple of days ago too.. i m like in the late 50s out of 80...so no texas tech for me...
this is by far the most excruciating admission process for any school...and to be honest not worth it..i bet people who got in would disagree..but there about 400+ people who got rejected...
oh well..glad its over ..congratulations class of 2015

Members don't see this ad.

1) to everyone that interviewed and received an acceptance letter, whats the deadline to accept/declined your offer to Tech.

2)anyone know last year stats: #of declined offers

Got my wait list email....just trying to see whats my chances to get in
:xf::xf::xf:

yeah i talked to him couple of days ago too.. i m like in the late 50s out of 80...so no texas tech for me...
this is by far the most excruciating admission process for any school...and to be honest not worth it..i bet people who got in would disagree..but there about 400+ people who got rejected...
oh well..glad its over ..congratulations class of 2015

Aw :( I'm sorry. But hey, didn't you get in to two schools already? That's great :) You'll be successful in what you do. I wish you best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
1) to everyone that interviewed and received an acceptance letter, whats the deadline to accept/declined your offer to Tech.

2)anyone know last year stats: #of declined offers

Got my wait list email....just trying to see whats my chances to get in
:xf::xf::xf:

When I got my letter it was 2 weeks deadline.

I got a waitlist e-mail. They don't tell you where you are on the waitlist though right?

abin0077: Did you just ask Mike where you were on the waitlist?

Aw :( I'm sorry. But hey, didn't you get in to two schools already? That's great :) You'll be successful in what you do. I wish you best of luck!

yeah but kinda wanted to go to tech , coz i could come back to dallas in 2 years . but oh well...I am sure it will be great at OU :)
congratulations to u too

I got a waitlist e-mail. They don't tell you where you are on the waitlist though right?

abin0077: Did you just ask Mike where you were on the waitlist?

yeah he said i was in the last quarter, so i said like in the 60's? he replied more like 50's...and then he added ..."we never see it get that far" in other words he pretty much told me that i had no chance...but oh well...

yeah he said i was in the last quarter, so i said like in the 60's? he replied more like 50's...and then he added ..."we never see it get that far" in other words he pretty much told me that i had no chance...but oh well...

How many total declines are there for tech? I think the list of 80 ppl shold go down by next week. So u might bump up..

So is not everyone added to the waitlist? I have a friend who did't receive an e-mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
yay i got an acceptance email today!!

good luck everyone!! the wait list is definitely moving along

congrats buddy :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:....Question?? Did they call you or did you just receive the acceptance email??....Just asking because on the waitlist email sent out to us it stated we would received a phone call once any offers became available.

I was on the waitlist and got accepted today. Keep praying and keep your heads up. I just got an e-mail and no phone call.

Meant to post this when I found out...

I've been assigned to Amarillo for two years then the Lubbock for two years. Was my last choice on that form we filled out, but I'll take it!

If anyone has any advice on housing out there, I'm all ears. Any information on high schools out there would be helpful as well since my wife is graduating this year as an English teacher and will be looking for employment. It's going to be difficult to find the housing, etc. since we live 7 hours away from Amarillo :p Employment for my wife is going to be difficult just because of all the stuff happening with Texas education right now.

I'm glad I got in this year since it was my second year of applying to pharm schools. Good luck to those of you on the waitlist!

Are you assigned in Amarillo or Abilene?

I got Amarillo for 2 and Lubbock for 2. Amarillo was my second choice, but Lubbock was my first for deployment. It will actually probably work out better for me anyway!

ur welcome!! maybe we'll be classmates hehe

edit: oops i forgot, did u get ur letter yet? which campus are you in?

I don't think I ever told your congratZ. I was too excited about myself! Conrgratulations! Be sure to let us know which campus you got when you get your letter.

Ok, guys, I just sent an email to officially decline my acceptance. It was kind of bittersweet. I was sad to send it but Kingsville is just a better choice for me and my family.

TX Tech is a great school and I do hope someone on this forum gets my spot. :luck:

Ok, guys, I just sent an email to officially decline my acceptance. It was kind of bittersweet. I was sad to send it but Kingsville is just a better choice for me and my family.

TX Tech is a great school and I do hope someone on this forum gets my spot. :luck:

Aww we would've been classmates! Haha, good luck!

my letter came in today. im in amarillo

btw did your letter come with a lot of confetti glitter stuff?

Yea..., it was crazy dusting all that confetti off of the papers! Congratulations on Amarillo!

To everyone that did not make it for this year, do not lose hope. Stay positive, and pray. Everything happens for a reason, and if this is your calling, don't give up. The next application cycle opens soon (I think), so you are already a few steps ahead in terms of knowing what to expect, or what you can do to improve your application package. If you are extremely discouraged, always remember that everything great is well worth waiting and fighting for. Your turn will come. To all of us that have been accepted, congratulations! and I hope we enjoy this new adventure together.

I tried e-mailing Mr. Schwettmann a couple of times to see if he would give me an idea of where I stood on the waitlist but I haven't heard anything.

Have you heard anything from Tech yet?

I just declined my Texas Tech offer, so another spot should be opening up! I just got accepted to UH and it is much closer to home while still a great school. Congrats to all who end up attending Tech, I'm sure we will meet again in the future......as Pharmacists :D

For those on the waitlist, don't worry. Just keep watching your emails and, as I read on earlier post, it doesn't hurt to call Tech to see where you are. I will continue keeping my fingers crossed for you all. Also, some good people are giving away their seats and gracious enough to post that they are going elsewhere. Got to keep the faith and good luck everyone!

I just got into the Amarillo-Dallas program!!!!! So all you waitlisters out there stay positive! Mr. Mike told me earlier this year that in previous years they have let in as few as 12 and as many as 35 off of the waitlist. Good luck everyone!:luck:

Awww congrats!!! When did you hear back??? I'm hoping I'll be next =)

I called this morning to see how the waitlist was moving along and Mr. Mike said that my name had just come up for an opening. Then I got the email within an hour.

I called this morning to see how the waitlist was moving along and Mr. Mike said that my name had just come up for an opening. Then I got the email within an hour.

Have you received your letter/packet in the mail yet? I was accepted the same day as you and I haven't received anything yet. It may be taking longer since I live far from Amarillo.

Have you received your letter/packet in the mail yet? I was accepted the same day as you and I haven't received anything yet. It may be taking longer since I live far from Amarillo.

Congrats on your acceptance, I guess the waitlist is really moving. You said earlier that you were in the top quarter and I was told I was in the top 20.... hmmmm, I desperately hope that I am getting closer on the list.:xf: