Texas Tech Class of 2005

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

myeung

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey people. Just wanted to meet my future classmates at Texas Tech. I am very excited to start medschool and I'm looking forward to getting to know my future colleagues - hehe. I graduated from UT Austin, and am currently working in clinical research on several studies involving hypertension, anema, and dialysis. I have yet to find an apt. in Lubbock, so if someone has any suggestions please let me know.

Mike

Members don't see this ad.

I went to undergrad at Texas Tech and volunteered at the HSC, and I will be attending San Antonio. However, I can give you some info on Lubbock.

Apartments are cheap, so live in a nice, newer one if you can. Also everything is not far, so if you want to live south or outside of the loop, go ahead b/c it is only 15 min from school. I lived at Woodcrest and loved it ($545/mo)! I lived at 2 other less nice ones throughout college, and definatly the nice ones are worth it. :cool:

Good Luck! Lubbock was great!

Hey Mike,

I'm a fellow member of the Tech Class of 2005!! I've already got my apt lined up - living south of the loop. Personally, I think that's the best area of town to live in. There are definitely a lot of cheap places around town, but you get what you pay for. I'd recommend checking out places real soon, as they start to fill up fast around this time. Drop me an email and we can talk more about it. Good to met you!

Members don't see this ad :)
What a neat discovery! Our new students finding each other on the web. I haven't been here for a while, but I'm glad I got curious.

Welcome to Texas Tech myeung and BioAggie and pleasant journeys to tigger. We've got some neat stuff in store for you and I know that you will be happy in Lubbock (with the possible exception of a few dusty weeks in April). You will be hearing from me in about a month concerning a new innovative program in life-long learning skills that we are initiating this year. This will involve some things for you to do over the summer that will be combined with our orientation to help prepare you for an easy transition into medical school. Also, I have the distinction of giving you your first lecture in medical school since I teach in the biochemistry course.

When you get to Lubbock, please drop by and introduce yourself. I'm in 5A-104 (the one with the Twilight Zone poster on the door). We'll chat and I'll play some Miles Davis tunes and help you relax a bit.

You can check me out at my website at

John Pelley's web site
see you this summer,

jwpelley

If any of you guys still check this posting; what are your opinions of Tech now? I will be starting this August at Texas Tech.

congrat guys...new class of 2008...I'm MS I at Tech...
you gotta come up here for apt and check out for yourself...
decent price compare to austin...(I went to Austin for under too)
My place is $555 , live by myself...pretty huge apt...850-900 sq ft (about size of small 2-1 apt)
anywayz...come and check out during spring training...pretty fun time...oh...they don't let you pre-lease like austin...so you gotta keep calling them around June to get yours...so come on up...during spring training...we got time period (for about 4-5 hrs) to show you guys apt. available to see...
congrat again for ya'll...and drop me ya'll name...
lata