texas tech feb 3 interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vicky336

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
juuust wondering who else will be joining me on that wondrous 8 hour day..

we're suppose to be there at 8:15 and suppose to leave at 4:30.

whooo.

Members don't see this ad.

"Amarillo by morning, up from San Anton'..."

Well, up from Wichita Falls, at least. I'll see you there Vicky. You bring the No-Doz and I'll bring the Red Bull.

Me and Vicky can't be the only ones. Anyone interviewing at Texas Tech on Feb 3 who was also at the Jan 27 Univ. of Houston interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm driving up from El Paso on Thursday. Think this will be a nice way of clearing my mind for the Friday encounter. I admit to being somewhat nervous about this since Tech is my first choice among all the schools to which I am applying.
I know we'll have a brief opportunity to chat on Friday morning and I'm looking forward to meeting all of you.

Even though I feel everyone should be a bit nervous about this day, you should NOT let it consume you. As the letter said, there's really precious little you can do to prepare for the day and, besides, you have ALREADY done the hard part (grades/PCATs, etc,). If you're a wonderful person you'll come off that way no matter if you gaff a thing or two here and there.

Best of Luck!!! Get some sleep.

Catspam (now in popular bite size portions).

Hi,

I'm new to this site... and find it SUPER helpful. Well, I'll be joining you guys as well on the 3rd. :)))

And this being my 1st interview... I'm really nervous.

Good Luck!

Hi,

I'm new to this site... and find it SUPER helpful. Well, I'll be joining you guys as well on the 3rd. :)))... but no i wasnt at UH on the 27th (have an interview on the 10th)

And this being my 1st interview... I'm really nervous.

Good Luck!

omg i haven't gotten an interview for houston yet!! i'm starting to think i never will...

vicky336 said:
omg i haven't gotten an interview for houston yet!! i'm starting to think i never will...

Well its still early --- I'm sure u'll hear from them. Dont worry. :). I would just completely concentrate on the Tech interview.

I didn't realize interviews started this Friday. I'm a P2 at Tech, not sure if I will see any of you around since I don't have class on Fridays, but best of luck. If anyone has any last minute questions I will try to be as helpful as I can, just PM me.

Em

Hi Guys,

For the 2/3 interviewees --- has anyone finished all their immunization requirements? And if so, have u already sent your info over to Sharon?

I need to take a second dose of MMR and a tetanus shot... and with no insurance (and no job) it seems to be quite expensive. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Genuine said:
Hi Guys,

For the 2/3 interviewees --- has anyone finished all their immunization requirements? And if so, have u already sent your info over to Sharon?

I need to take a second dose of MMR and a tetanus shot... and with no insurance (and no job) it seems to be quite expensive. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Have you heard back from texas tech yet regarding your admission I am still waiting on the houston and austin interview..... so hopefully , texas tech gives me an admission.

thanks, glitter

glitterstar said:
Have you heard back from texas tech yet regarding your admission I am still waiting on the houston and austin interview..... so hopefully , texas tech gives me an admission.

thanks, glitter

the first 2 interview dates arent being reviewed by the admissions committee until this thursday (feb 23rd)....or at least thats what they told us last weekend

Genuine said:
Hi Guys,

i already sent it over to her and got her confirmation that she got it. her last email was quite ominous.

Members don't see this ad :)
glitterstar said:

thanks, glitter

No havent heard anything from anyone yet :( Its still early, but the wait is killing me... I cant even concentrate in class... just keep wondering if and where I'll get in :scared:

vicky336 said:
i already sent it over to her and got her confirmation that she got it. her last email was quite ominous.

ahhh... i think i got one of those as well... pretty much saying if u dont respond u aint getting in! haha... but then her follow-up (after i responded) was pretty nice... so it was like talking to 2 completely different people!

If you are in school right now you can go to your student health center and probably get the HepB shots for a cheaper price.

Somewhere amid the gleaming halls and DELL computers of Texas Tech, a group of strangers BUY DELL has gathered to discuss our futures. If only BUY DELL NOW I could listen in, I'm sure I would hear Mike WANNA BUY A DELL Schwettman right now saying, "DELL no, not that1guy. He annoyed the DELL out of me. DELL DELL DELL."

Oh well, guess we'll hear something soon.

DELL = :thumbup:

i'm so confused.

Has anyone heard from Tech yet... any acceptance letters yet? I thought we would def. know by now, but I havent heard anything so far. Am I the only one??? :scared:

i wouldn't worry.

they reviewed us yesterday. that probably means they took all day. probably got letters ready today and missed the mail guy so it'll be picked up tomorrow. then it'll take a few days to mail.

:)

vicky336 said:
i wouldn't worry.

they reviewed us yesterday. that probably means they took all day. probably got letters ready today and missed the mail guy so it'll be picked up tomorrow. then it'll take a few days to mail.

:)

yeah thats true, but with tech u can find out right away by going online to the app. page. Houston is the one that "only" notifies u thru mail!

I just wish at least one school will give me the good news, so i can relax... ahh maybe UT will ;)

Genuine said:
yeah thats true, but with tech u can find out right away by going online to the app. page. Houston is the one that "only" notifies u thru mail!

I just wish at least one school will give me the good news, so i can relax... ahh maybe UT will ;)

It's not exactly like that :) Mike said they would allow several days for the mail to reach us, then set the online indicator. Thus I don't think we will see a new link to say we are accepted until next week.

They did say they would send the letters through the mail first and then post your acceptance online later.
Also, my friend who got into Tech last year said that the date the admissions committee was supposed to meet got delayed several times and it took a while to get acceptance letters. Hopefully that does not happen to us.

orange_ivy said:
They did say they would send the letters through the mail first and then post your acceptance online later.
Also, my friend who got into Tech last year said that the date the admissions committee was supposed to meet got delayed several times and it took a while to get acceptance letters. Hopefully that does not happen to us.

ahh i see... thanks guys! that does ease my anxiety a bit :)

I applied there but have not heard anything back yet. I am sure they will accept mostly TX residents but I thought their deadline is in March.

I applied there but have not heard anything back yet. I am sure they will accept mostly TX residents but I thought their deadline is in March.