Texas Tech (Lubbock) c/o 2013

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
2 weeks left! I will be in lubbock on Friday.

Members don't see this ad.

I arrived in Lubbock on Monday and finally got internet! woo hoo!

Exactly one week until arrival for me. :scared: Though I will be happy to be in a less humid environment... :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I hear ya about the less humid environment! ;) I can't wait. I'll be in Lubbock for good on sunday (but no internet until tue).

On a side note my b/f suprised me and gave me monopoly tonight. So much fun playing... I won too! :D Takes a lot of time but it is pretty fun.

Tomorrow is my last day at work... and I am sad- I have nannied for this family for 4 1/2 years... I have had 3 of the 4 kids since they were infants :(

On a happier note we leave Atlanta next Wednesday and I will move in Friday! So in exactly one week I will be at my home for the next 2 years!

I'm heading out in the morning for a week vacation with the family! I'll be back on monday afternoon!

If anyone's in town and wants to grab a drink or something, I'm trying to avoid unpacking as much as possible and fit some golf in somewhere.

How about that BBQ thing this week too?

If anyone's in town and wants to grab a drink or something, I'm trying to avoid unpacking as much as possible and fit some golf in somewhere.

How about that BBQ thing this week too?

Nooo wait for me!! Well be back from the HM Monday!! :) Out of pocket until then. Boarding the plane now!! :)

I'm half way to Tech... sitting in my hotel room in Louisiana!

So fyi, once you get a student parking pass, you are not allowed to park in the patient/visitor area even if you have a doctor's appointment! I went in to the family practice area to get my TB test read and knew i would only be a few minutes, so I parked in the patient area and left my dog in the car. 15 minutes later I come out to find a parking citation!! :eek: They gave me a ticket even with my dog in the car?!?

Luckily, I called the parking office and explained that I was new and didn't realize i couldn't park there even when I had an appointment at the clinic. They said if i bring paperwork showing my appointment they will waive the ticket. :)

So all in all not a big deal, but just extra stress I didn't want. I don't HAVE an extra 25 bucks to pay a citation so I was a bit freaked out lol. Anyway just thought i'd give ya'll a heads up.

So fyi, once you get a student parking pass, you are not allowed to park in the patient/visitor area even if you have a doctor's appointment! I went in to the family practice area to get my TB test read and knew i would only be a few minutes, so I parked in the patient area and left my dog in the car. 15 minutes later I come out to find a parking citation!! :eek: They gave me a ticket even with my dog in the car?!?

that is just rediculous :mad:

Luckily, I called the parking office and explained that I was new and didn't realize i couldn't park there even when I had an appointment at the clinic. They said if i bring paperwork showing my appointment they will waive the ticket. :)

well, from one ag to another: at least they sound a bit more reasonable than TS.

also, what did you do/how much did it cost to set up the TB test appointment? (i need to do that!)

Everyone settled in already? Orientation in a day and a half! Though there is the MS2-hosted dinner tomorrow night I believe.

For the titers, I hope the TTUHSC provided ones are relatively affordable, as I'm waiting to do them during orientation.

Everyone settled in already? Orientation in a day and a half! Though there is the MS2-hosted dinner tomorrow night I believe.

For the titers, I hope the TTUHSC provided ones are relatively affordable, as I'm waiting to do them during orientation.

Yeah, ditto. I haven't done any of my titers or injections. Can someone give me the info about the dinner? We just got back into the country yesterday and my ttuhsc email is not letting me log in!

Yeah, ditto. I haven't done any of my titers or injections. Can someone give me the info about the dinner? We just got back into the country yesterday and my ttuhsc email is not letting me log in!

About your email/TTUHSC password: mine had expired last week, and after that happened I couldn't log into my email. However, if you log into eRaider or webraider with your existing information, you probably will get a prompt to change your password. Once you do that (and wait 5 minute according to them), you should be good with accessing your email again.

Dinner:
Dr.Larsen said:
Dear Class of 2013 -

The TTUHSC School of Medicine Class of 2012 has invited you to dinner – and they’re picking up the tab! Get to know them and each other the night before MSI Orientation begins. The food and fun begin at 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday, July 28th at McGilligutty’s Restaurant and Bar at 9806 Quaker Avenue and 98th Street here in Lubbock. Dress is casual and spouses and significant others are welcome!

If you need more information, please contact Lindsey Casey, 2012 Class President by emailing her at ..... [email protected]

And we’ll see you at Orientation the next morning – don’t forget to park in the student parking lots and NOT in the Visitor or Patient parking areas.

Thanks!!!!

Dr. Larsen

About your email/TTUHSC password: mine had expired last week, and after that happened I couldn't log into my email. However, if you log into eRaider or webraider with your existing information, you probably will get a prompt to change your password. Once you do that (and wait 5 minute according to them), you should be good with accessing your email again.

Dinner:

....edit - finally let me log in....

....edit - and scratch that second part, the question was answered in an email I previously could not access. thank you ttu....

Last edited:
I'm probably going to go, I never pass up free food!

Ditto. I'll be there.

Apologies if I don't recognize some of you, it takes me a while to get names and faces put together.

I failed my last exam of the safety training, lol. Oops. I got so freaking bored with them. I guess I'll call the people tomorrow.

Hope everyone's ready for classes starting tomorrow... not sure if I am since I still enjoy sleeping 8+ hours. :(