You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Texas Tech School of Pharmacy C/0 2023
Started by sodapoppy
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When did pharmcas verify ur application and when did u submit your application?I'm thinking about Dallas also but I am not sure right now! I'm a little worried about location.
My stats are
GPA cum: 3.3
GPA science: 3.0
PCAT:80
I also have no pharmacy experience, which might hurt me. Do you think I'll be okay? What are your stats?
Same GPA. I tanked the math portion of the PCAT. I ended up with a 58. I haven't decided if I should retake it. My pharmacist says I shouldn't worry too much about the PCAT since everything else is good. I work as a technician at CVS pharmacy for the past three years.
I think you will do great! Yours stats are awesome!
I think you will do great! Yours stats are awesome!
Not yet.I didn't submit my application yet. I am trying to get some pharmacy experience before I submit. Did your application already get verified?
So did u
Calculate urs yourself. Did u calculate ur sciene and cumulative yourself?I'm thinking about Dallas also but I am not sure right now! I'm a little worried about location.
My stats are
GPA cum: 3.3
GPA science: 3.0
PCAT:80
I also have no pharmacy experience, which might hurt me. Do you think I'll be okay? What are your stats?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My faculty advisor and the writting center in school did.For the essays, did y'all have someone review them for you or an online review website?
Not yet. Am still thinking about it.@Pharmsophiat This was from my transcript! Did you already submit your application to tech?
I'm thinking about Dallas also but I am not sure right now! I'm a little worried about location.
My stats are
GPA cum: 3.3
GPA science: 3.0
PCAT:80
I also have no pharmacy experience, which might hurt me. Do you think I'll be okay? What are your stats?
I had a similar stat. I think my science and cum GPA were about the same at 3.5ish or something with PCAT in mid 80s. No pharmacy experience prior except for 2 years of hospital pharmacy volunteer work. I did have a masters in neuroscience and 3 years of clinical research which probably help a little. Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions.
I'm Class of 2020, Amarillo campus. Apply early and be confident. Interview usually start in September, but there has been some reorganization and retiremnts this year and I'm not sure where they are with the scheduling.
@sodapoppy I am on the Amarillo campus. We are getting a AA professional baseball team to move here and there has been lots of debate over the potential team name. One name that has gotten a lot of attention (positive and criticism) has been the Amarillo Sod Poodles. I had to laugh when I first saw your name, I thought it was "sod puppy".Hi I am applying early to Tech! Is anyone else also applying early? If so, what are your stats?
Do you guys know if the three interview dates posted on Tech's website are the only dates for early decision applicants? The email I got this morning said to "include an open date on the last three Fridays of September and the first two Fridays of October for a possible interview". I took off the dates listed under the early decision interviews on Tech's website, but I just don't know if I need to let my job know about needing the other two Fridays off.
Hopefully that means we will hear back about interviews soon! Every time I get an email I have a mini heart attack. Lol.
I just received an email for interview also, Amarillo on September 21stI got an interview!
I dont have degrees and only 6 months of volunteer in outpatient clinic, dont know if Texas Tech will be hard to get into..;(
Honestly I have no clues because this is my first time interview for pharm school...I chose Abilene for the interview. I think you will do great since they have already looked at your transcript. Now they want to see how you interact with others. Congrats!
Do you have any idea about the questions they ask in the interview?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I chose Abilene for the interview. I think you will do great since they have already looked at your transcript. Now they want to see how you interact with others. Congrats!
Do you have any idea about the questions they ask in the interview?
There are 10 "Tell me about a time when...." questions
Thank You! Is there anything else we need to know?There are 10 "Tell me about a time when...." questions
was this the gpa calculated by tech or pharmCAS?I'm thinking about Dallas also but I am not sure right now! I'm a little worried about location.
My stats are
GPA cum: 3.3
GPA science: 3.0
PCAT:80
I also have no pharmacy experience, which might hurt me. Do you think I'll be okay? What are your stats?
Thank You! Is there anything else we need to know?
Not really, most of the day is just introduction to the program, information, the individual interview, and a group exercise interview where you go in a group of like 5 or 6 and discuss a topic and present a solution, the group activity doesn't really have a right or wrong answer but is more of a tool to evaluate your ability to work with others and present information.
futurepharmstudent0512
New Member
I applied early decision and got called for an interview! Does anyone know if the interviewers have access to our application/viewed it before? Are there any questions that they ask that are particularly unique/difficult? Do any current pharmacy students have any good resources to look at to familiarize myself with current information regarding pharmacy?
I’m applying but not ed. Is anyone interested in the PharmD/MBA program? What would you say are the advantages/disadvantages of it?
I have a post that I started pretty recently that had some good input given: Pharm D w/ MBA
Do you have more specific questions ??There are 10 "Tell me about a time when...." questions
Really appreciate that
Honestly I don't really remember the questions they asked, and I wouldn't want give you a list of questions that you prep for and then they change the list. I do recall one of the questions was something like "tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to help someone"Do you have more specific questions ??
Really appreciate that
Is anyone else interviewing on the 28th in Abilene? And does anyone know the statistics of how many people get accepted on average when applying Early Decision?
futurepharmstudent0512
New Member
I am!Is anyone else interviewing on the 28th in Abilene? And does anyone know the statistics of how many people get accepted on average when applying Early Decision?
I am!
That's awesome, congrats! I can't wait to meet you! I am just so nervous about the interview especially since it is an all day thing.
Does anyone know when early decision should hear back about if we got in or not?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
same here, Dr. T told us we would most likely know by thursday but you never knowNot yet. My status changed to under review.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 8
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 4K