Texas Tech School of Pharmacy C/0 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sodapoppy

Reaction score
Hi I am applying early to Tech! Is anyone else also applying early? If so, what are your stats?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm thinking about Dallas also but I am not sure right now! I'm a little worried about location.
My stats are
GPA cum: 3.3
GPA science: 3.0
PCAT:80
I also have no pharmacy experience, which might hurt me. Do you think I'll be okay? What are your stats?

I'm thinking about Dallas also but I am not sure right now! I'm a little worried about location.
My stats are
I also have no pharmacy experience, which might hurt me. Do you think I'll be okay? What are your stats?
When did pharmcas verify ur application and when did u submit your application?

I didn't submit my application yet. I am trying to get some pharmacy experience before I submit. Did your application already get verified?

Same GPA. I tanked the math portion of the PCAT. I ended up with a 58. I haven't decided if I should retake it. My pharmacist says I shouldn't worry too much about the PCAT since everything else is good. I work as a technician at CVS pharmacy for the past three years.
I think you will do great! Yours stats are awesome!

I'm just waiting on my recommendation letters to come in for me submit. Trying to have everything submitted by August 1st

@Neo2018 Your experience is golden! I think you'll be fine also! Do you know when they would send out interviews? is it rolling admissions or is ed different?

In the class of 2022, somebody submitted their application at the start of sept and heard back in 2 weeks or so. So I think thats the timeframe.

So did u
My stats are
Calculate urs yourself. Did u calculate ur sciene and cumulative yourself?

Members don't see this ad :)
For the essays, did y'all have someone review them for you or an online review website?

My stats are

I had a similar stat. I think my science and cum GPA were about the same at 3.5ish or something with PCAT in mid 80s. No pharmacy experience prior except for 2 years of hospital pharmacy volunteer work. I did have a masters in neuroscience and 3 years of clinical research which probably help a little. Good luck. Let me know if you have any questions.

Hi!
I'm completing the texas tech application. However, it asks for a student id number on oath of residency. Where do I get that?

I forgot it's already time for the next years applications, good luck to everyone!

I'm Class of 2020, Amarillo campus. Apply early and be confident. Interview usually start in September, but there has been some reorganization and retiremnts this year and I'm not sure where they are with the scheduling.

Hi I am applying early to Tech! Is anyone else also applying early? If so, what are your stats?
@sodapoppy I am on the Amarillo campus. We are getting a AA professional baseball team to move here and there has been lots of debate over the potential team name. One name that has gotten a lot of attention (positive and criticism) has been the Amarillo Sod Poodles. I had to laugh when I first saw your name, I thought it was "sod puppy".

Do you guys know if the three interview dates posted on Tech's website are the only dates for early decision applicants? The email I got this morning said to "include an open date on the last three Fridays of September and the first two Fridays of October for a possible interview". I took off the dates listed under the early decision interviews on Tech's website, but I just don't know if I need to let my job know about needing the other two Fridays off.

I just got that email also. I would let them know just in case.

Hopefully that means we will hear back about interviews soon! Every time I get an email I have a mini heart attack. Lol.

I got an interview!
I just received an email for interview also, Amarillo on September 21st
I dont have degrees and only 6 months of volunteer in outpatient clinic, dont know if Texas Tech will be hard to get into..;(

I chose Abilene for the interview. I think you will do great since they have already looked at your transcript. Now they want to see how you interact with others. Congrats!
Do you have any idea about the questions they ask in the interview?

I chose Abilene for the interview. I think you will do great since they have already looked at your transcript. Now they want to see how you interact with others. Congrats!
Honestly I have no clues because this is my first time interview for pharm school...

I’m applying but not ed. Is anyone interested in the PharmD/MBA program? What would you say are the advantages/disadvantages of it?

There are 10 "Tell me about a time when...." questions

Hello! I just submitted my application for ED for the dallas location hopefully
my stats are:
GPA CUM: 3.51
GPA SCIENCE: 3.42
PCAT: I'm taking it september 6th so very nervous
and I have about two years of pharmacy experience! but overall very nervous for this process

My stats are
was this the gpa calculated by tech or pharmCAS?

Thank You! Is there anything else we need to know?

Not really, most of the day is just introduction to the program, information, the individual interview, and a group exercise interview where you go in a group of like 5 or 6 and discuss a topic and present a solution, the group activity doesn't really have a right or wrong answer but is more of a tool to evaluate your ability to work with others and present information.

I applied early decision and got called for an interview! Does anyone know if the interviewers have access to our application/viewed it before? Are there any questions that they ask that are particularly unique/difficult? Do any current pharmacy students have any good resources to look at to familiarize myself with current information regarding pharmacy?

my .02 highly recommend for y'all to take Biochemistry, A&P I and II, immunology. You will have an easy transition. Get Surface Pro if you can. Everything I just mentioned will make your life much smoother.

Do you have more specific questions ??
Really appreciate that
Honestly I don't really remember the questions they asked, and I wouldn't want give you a list of questions that you prep for and then they change the list. I do recall one of the questions was something like "tell me about a time when you went above and beyond to help someone"

Is anyone else interviewing on the 28th in Abilene? And does anyone know the statistics of how many people get accepted on average when applying Early Decision?

Does anyone know when early decision should hear back about if we got in or not?