Textbook during Pediatrics Residency

Started by g12321
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

g12321

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am about to start my masters in Pediatrics (not in US) which is more or less equivalent to the Residency program. Other than working, doing rounds, attending conferences etc are there any books which will help me in my work? I do have some books for pediatrics I used for my undergraduate degree but I wanted some who with more details etc.
Thanks for helping.
 
I'm a big fan of Zitelli's. It's got all the good pictures. Does your program provide you with any text books? My residency was fantastic about supplying rotation-specific text books.
 
I'm a big fan of Zitelli's. It's got all the good pictures. Does your program provide you with any text books? My residency was fantastic about supplying rotation-specific text books.

Thanks, the doctors whom I will be working with in each departments of Pediatrics are responsible for supplying me with adequate books, data, medical journals, and so on. I will start my masters next month, but it is good to have some own data , books too 👍, I will look for the Zitelli's book. I got one for the pediatric drug doses, the pediatric clinical exams, pediatrics related diseases and the OP Ghai book , more or less what they use in India for Pediatrics at Undergrad and part of Postgrad level(I am not in India nor am I going to work in India either, but the level of medicine taught there is rather good, that's why I used whatever book they normally use there)
 
I'm a big fan of Zitelli's. It's got all the good pictures. Does your program provide you with any text books? My residency was fantastic about supplying rotation-specific text books.

Are there also websites where I could get data about pediatrics and so on, I have the American Academy of Pediatrics app on my HTC but is there some other source of info for peds whether on android or online?