Textbooks

Started by DEETAT
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Bigwords.com is a comparison site that will check toooonnnsss of sites and show you all the price options even between renting and buying. You search by ISBN numbers, and I had really good luck with it for undergrad
 
I used textbooks.com and Amazon. They both sell books from 3rd party vendors. Just make sure you read the fine print regarding their shipping policies. I bought some books for super cheap, but they ended up taking a month to arrive. Next time I'll just spend a few more bucks to get them quicker.
 
I tried several and actually like half.com best. They have a function that lets you put in the price you want to pay for a book, then when the book comes up for that price, it buys it for you automatically. Sellers get an alert when listing a book that they can sell it on the spot for X price, and there are some sellers that would rather just take a little bit less to sell it immediately than wait to sell the book for a possibly higher price. I got most of my books for pretty cheap from there.