TFE bootcamp or dat genius?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mOlar1!

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
okay i am struggling a lot with TFE alot ike i cannot get any answer right on bootcamp and its like the explanations don't help me at all bc in every explanation, they throw a diff thing at me and i am like..... i recently watched and read the dat genius TFE tutorial thing and it looked super helpful. so should i stick to bootcamp or get dat genius? anyone that has tried their PAT, what do you think? i did bootcamp generators for a week and i was doing good until i started doing practice problems....yea i got 2/10 lol so...

Members don't see this ad.

Just took the DAT today so I think my advice is fresh enough -
Genius is great at teaching you TFE, Bootcamp is great at helping you practice it, but genius is more representative because it's much harder than bootcamp's generators! But don't worry about low scores, read my signature and keep practicing :)

yea i noticed TFE generators are so much easier on bootcamp too!! :( .. so i just do the actual practice problems now (subject specific ones).. its kind of annoying since they re-use it when you take the actual full practice PAT tests but whatever i try not to memorize it and just understand it :). but I also use DAT genius when I want a little change, but i didn't buy it, i just use the free ones (surprisingly there is a lot you can get for free lol)

Members don't see this ad :)
^deehovs advice is good! I did well, posted a mini breakdown on the pre dent sub forum and I'll post a detailed one tomorrow on the dat discussions

I solely relied on bootcamp for tfe, but i've heard Genius has better explanation and tackling tips. You dont have to visualize an overall structure. With enough practice, you will start seeing one or two 'irregularities' that stands out and that gives you choices of elimination. Took mine yesterday and it wasn't bad at all. If i could do it, you can as well, no doubt. Practice x999

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
yea i noticed TFE generators are so much easier on bootcamp too!! :( .. so i just do the actual practice problems now (subject specific ones).. its kind of annoying since they re-use it when you take the actual full practice PAT tests but whatever i try not to memorize it and just understand it :). but I also use DAT genius when I want a little change, but i didn't buy it, i just use the free ones (surprisingly there is a lot you can get for free lol)
i started doing that too to get my hands on practice and i love bootcamp explanations for everything but for TFE, i swear it just doesn't seem like i am given any stratergy at all. and dat genius only has their initial tutorial and explanation for TFE so i was really thinking to go ahead and get it lol. i have already spent alot but eh.

I solely relied on bootcamp for tfe, but i've heard Genius has better explanation and tackling tips. You dont have to visualize an overall structure. With enough practice, you will start seeing one or two 'irregularities' that stands out and that gives you choices of elimination. Took mine yesterday and it wasn't bad at all. If i could do it, you can as well, no doubt. Practice x999

Sent from my SM-N910V using SDN mobile
yeah i truly agree and def see that with practice, i improved other things but TFE, before I improve, i need to get some tips and stratergies and idk but bootcamp seems to like just give me a not clear enough one. :/

^deehovs advice is good! I did well, posted a mini breakdown on the pre dent sub forum and I'll post a detailed one tomorrow on the dat discussions
congrats, just read your breakdown. you are def getting in. so sorry to hear about your mom though, hope she feels better :)

Reactions: 1 user
Hey @mOlar1! what did you end up doing for TFE? The TFE generators on BC are super easy so I've just been using the practice tests. Any advice? Thanks!