TFE on PAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MikeyD914

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im having trouble with this section, i only get like 5 or 6 right on achiever, and the keyholes i get like 8-9 right but im not worried about that, hole punching i get 13-14 right, angles i get 11-13 right and cubes i get about 12-14 (cuz some cubes really bother my eyes lol) right and pattern unfolding i get about 9 right but im improving in everything except for TFE...what strategys are you guys using? i purchased ross PAT vids and i think they are completely useless to me it doesnt even help

Members don't see this ad.

How long have u been working on it? Its one of those things you need to just keep working at until you get the hang of. R u using crack DAT? Its supposed to be the best.

How long have u been working on it? Its one of those things you need to just keep working at until you get the hang of. R u using crack DAT? Its supposed to be the best.

nah, i spent too much money to buy that. im using ROSS PAT which has 3 practice full length tests.....his vids SUCKKKKKKK though.

i also have topscore and 3 test achiever

nah, i spent too much money to buy that. im using ROSS PAT which has 3 practice full length tests.....his vids SUCKKKKKKK though.

i also have topscore and 3 test achiever

TFE - compare ONE feature at a time, on the dat this is ALWAYS the case: 2 choices are similar with respects to one feature, and 2 others are similar with respects to another feature. TFE is a game, you focus on obvious features such as proportions in length, width or maybe a hold or an ident and you isolate and search for which DO NOT have it, then you are left with 2 choices and you look at those to choices b4 looking back to the figure and see where the difference lies in the feature. u can get perfect in tfe im convinced in that! i usually start from teh answers and note the commonalities of 2 vs the other and work backward, i try to do as little 'perception' as possible unless the figure is really easy, it has never failed me yet.

in terms of folding -> for unshaded count the number of irregular shapes and count them in the answers, you can eliminate a lot from this
shaded: make corresponding relations btwn each side of the shaded and compare to the answers. again, like i said for TFE, focus on one feature at a time, perception is a game u must always use elimination if u want to be absoluteley sure that ur answer is right. i go by findin which answer is the least wrong as supposed to which is right. note i struggled with the time on teh real dat for perception, i left 4 or 5 questions for folding completely blank and still did okay, sometimes u want to maximize on what u are good at and if u know ur weak in something spend less time on it...