TFE question help needed!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

kurama6

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I came by this question and it confused me so im wondering what you guys think. The answer for the question below is B but i think it is A because i think there shouldnt be a solid line where the rectangle starts curving into a semi-sphere.
Screen Shot 2020-11-06 at 5.58.12 PM.png

If we have a basic object like a rectangle but with half-cylinders at its two ends, would the front view view look like 1 or 2?
12345.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

On your drawing, the second drawing is correct. You will need lines to denote when there is a transition in the surface. So when you transition from a flat surface to a curved surface, you need a line. Likewise, if you have a surface that changes directions, you will also need a line (thinking going from a road onto a ramp). You can also apply this rule in reverse. A line indicates that the surface changes direction or goes from curved to flat or vice versa.

Reactions: 1 user
The answer is B as the curved part of the object can only be seen from the top-down perspective, if you are to look at an object that is curved like that it would only be curved from one perspective the end perspective would not be curved like in A rather it would have a change in the slope like shown in B.

Reactions: 1 user