"thank You, Captain."

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jetproppilot

Turboprop Driver
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Dear Captain,

Yesterday as your Qantas 747 zipped along at altitude, part of the fuselage fell off.:eek:
You instinctually dove down to an altitude where atmospheric oxygen can support the humans onboard, then skillfully made a hasty emergency landing at the nearest airport.
Of the 300+ passengers sitting behind you, I wonder how many of them were children whose lives you saved....I wonder how many families had dads away on business aboard....
Just wanted to say thank you.
Your training, instincts, and skill saved alotta humans from suffering and loss.

Respectfully,

Jet

Members don't see this ad.

Dear Captain,

Yesterday as your Qantas 747 zipped along at altitude, part of the fuselage fell off.:eek:
You instinctually dove down to an altitude where atmospheric oxygen can support the humans onboard, then skillfully made a hasty emergency landing at the nearest airport.
Of the 300+ passengers sitting behind you, I wonder how many of them were children whose lives you saved....I wonder how many families had dads away on business aboard....
Your training, instincts, and skill saved alotta humans from suffering and loss.

Respectfully,

Jet

Whoa, for real??

That pilot is a real hero.

Word is, the whole crew were cool-headed and did a great job with the passengers too.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Quantas needs to break down and give these people a 7 day package deal to Boracay free of charge. Only a 45 minute prop job to that great island from Manila. Sweet! Regards, ----Zip

Quantas needs to break down and give these people a 7 day package deal to Boracay free of charge. Only a 45 minute prop job to that great island from Manila. Sweet! Regards, ----Zip

ah boracay...where you can find some of the best white sand beaches in the world.

regarding the pilot...had to do what was needed to be done without any fanfare and made it seem mundane hauling a 747 to safety along with its passengers...reminds me of another profession...:idea::thumbup:

Dear Captain,

Respectfully,

Jet

Pimp ass pilot. I am sure that is the time where everyone looks to the guy at the head of the plane to take charge and as you eloquently put it 'Speak to the mike with micatin".

You gotta have a cool head and your cojones in the right place to keep from urinating all over yourself during in-flight emergencies.

Was talking to my bro (below) and he told one time one of the engines of the 737-400 he was flying from Dallas to San Jose, Costa Rica several years ago and one of the engines shut down shortly after takeoff. He stood to the mike with micatin and put that bird down safely.

When things go bad, you want the best in charge.

scan0001.jpg

Last edited:
Watch the third commercial on this video...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAIP0bHwxEw[/YOUTUBE]