Thank you card returned

Started by Irama
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Irama

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys
I sent a program thank you cards after an interview. The one sent to the PD got returned to me stamped “refused”. Just looking for input here, if anybody had the same experience with a program before. Thanks
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Most programs I've encountered this cycle have been very adamant about letting applicants know that post-interview communications (including thank you letters) do not affect their rank list. Refusing a thank you card might just reflect a PD who takes that mantra to an extreme.

Even so, I doubt it means anything; would be silly to count that against you.
 
If the individual goes out of his way to create a policy whereby an office staffer stamps "refused" on these things (PD probably never even saw it), then it makes you really wonder what kind of program does he run, and if it's an ethos you want to be part of. I wouldn't.
 
If the individual goes out of his way to create a policy whereby an office staffer stamps "refused" on these things (PD probably never even saw it), then it makes you really wonder what kind of program does he run, and if it's an ethos you want to be part of. I wouldn't.
That’s like doing residency with Ex-PFC Wintergreen as program coordinator. Awesome is the only word to describe it.