Thank you cards

Started by Mog16
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Mog16

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hand written or email?

I think hand written (for whatever reason) are a little nicer but my hand writing is atrocious and thus I tend to write shorter, less personalized thank yous.

What's everyone else doing?
 
I have had multiple interviewers and/or coordinators specifically say that thank you notes are completely unnecessary, but then add that if we insist on sending them a simple email would suffice.
 
Just the type of stuff I love to hear. Thank you. I also find them pointless and fake, but I don't want to be stand out by not sending them. I think everyone would stress out a lot less if fewer people sent thank you notes.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hand written. Now that it just finished fellowship interviews, I have heard from various programs that appreciated a hand written note. I just sent emails if I had further questions to the PD or coordinator.
 
If you felt like somebody deserves a thank-you note (they went out of their way to learn about you, they spent a lot of extra time talking to you, whatever it may be), send them one out of common courtesy. If not, don't stress about it; it's not going to change things either way. Don't do it just because you feel you should. Email or hand-written is fine nowadays, whichever you feel is appropriate.
 
Hand written or email?

I think hand written (for whatever reason) are a little nicer but my hand writing is atrocious and thus I tend to write shorter, less personalized thank yous.

What's everyone else doing?
 
Hand written or email?

I think hand written (for whatever reason) are a little nicer but my hand writing is atrocious and thus I tend to write shorter, less personalized thank yous.

What's everyone else doing?