Thank you cards???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smohamma

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
After the interview do you all send 'thank you' cards? I was told I should, but was not sure if it was of proper ettiquette... :)

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
After the interview do you all send 'thank you' cards? I was told I should, but was not sure if it was of proper ettiquette... :)

A lot of people say that this is the proper thing to do. However, I personally wouldn't even consider sending these things out. When it comes down to it they are probably going to be instantly thrown in the garbage, and I sincerely hope that no interviewer would ever make a judgement on a person based on a thank-you card. The interviewers are intelligent people who realize that pretty much everyone is thankful for receiving an interview and the only reason anyone sends a thank-you is that they think its proper. When it comes to it I guess its the right thing to do but I'm just too damn lazy!

I bought the 'thank you' cards, but it just felt a lil odd...and everywhere I have read send a thank you card .. i just dont know what to say, other than .. 'thanks' so .. just wondering what other people have done!

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent emails. I said thanks, but I also made it personal to each interviewer.

Marcia

I sent thank you cards to the faculty I interviewed with and now I see those faculty members everyday in school. One of them even ran into me at orientation and told me thank you for the thank you card (and that was like 10 months after I had sent it). So I suppose you may consider it tacky to send thank you cards, but I would just make sure you don't send them to schools you do not want to get into. I doubt it does much on your admissions decisions since they usually get together and decide that before a card can get to them, but it does start building relationships with mentors and faculty.

I sent a thank you card after my interview at DCOM and I got accepted, although it probably had nothing to do with that.:D

Hi,

As a matter of common courtesy, you should. Is it gonna make a difference? No.

I sent a thank you card to each of my interviewers. You basically just want to say "thanks" and you might want to write something about what you said or a topic that you spoke about in your interview so that they remember who you are.