Thank you email from Interviewer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

7Days

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just received a thank you email from the school's interviewer that I had interviewed with. The interviewer said some personal stuff that I had mention and gave some motivation and recognition on my application. Is this email something that interviewers do as a requirement or is it because I was memorable? Please let me know why I was given this email or am I just reading in too much.

Members don't see this ad.

I just received a thank you email from the school's interviewer that I had interviewed with. The interviewer said some personal stuff that I had mention and gave some motivation and recognition on my application. Is this email something that interviewers do as a requirement or is it because I was memorable? Please let me know why I was given this email or am I just reading in too much.
it could mean something, it might not
trust the process...

Reactions: 1 users
Could be just courtesy, don’t overthink it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
It's not required, this is honestly the first time I've heard of a "thank you" email FROM an interviewer. The inverse is common

Reactions: 1 users
It's not required, this is honestly the first time I've heard of a "thank you" email FROM an interviewer. The inverse is common
Yes! I alway hear applicants sending "thank you" emails. Not the interviewer sending it, which had me at shock.

Make sure you send a thoughtful reply

Reactions: 1 user