1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Thank you letter/note after interview

Discussion in 'General Residency Issues' started by realruby2000, Nov 19, 2005.

1. realruby2000

realruby2000 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

so after reading isersons, they say it is better to send a thank you "letter" than a card and then "dont foreget a hand written thank you note"....

this sounds kind of odd to me...(unless im reading this wrong) do i include a hand written note with the typed up letter or do i send it seperately? or am I taking this "thank you" crap wayyy out of proportion?

what are the rest of you guys doing?

:confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Hurricane

Hurricane Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Out of curiosity, why do they say a letter is better?

Anyway, I am sending handwritten notes on personalized correspondence cards. You might also want to check out the Thanking your interviewers thread...

4. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm pretty sure I'm doing what Hurricane is doing on personalized note cards. I'm sending out quick note of thanks, and a bit personalized, I do NOT think any PD/interviewer/resident is going to want to read A LETTER. Save the "letter" for the programs you are gonig to rank HIGHLY, nto to all of them. And then send a follow up letter nearer to match day after you make your second look.

5. braxtonhicks

braxtonhicks Member
    5+ Year Member

I think what Iverson's is referring to is typing a letter and then adding a P.S. at the end with a short hand-written message. For instance, "P.S. I enjoyed talking to you about fly fishing (or whatever was unique/memorable)."