1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice

Thank you letter/note after interview

Discussion in 'General Residency Issues' started by realruby2000, Nov 19, 2005.

1. realruby2000

realruby2000 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

so after reading isersons, they say it is better to send a thank you "letter" than a card and then "dont foreget a hand written thank you note"....

this sounds kind of odd to me...(unless im reading this wrong) do i include a hand written note with the typed up letter or do i send it seperately? or am I taking this "thank you" crap wayyy out of proportion?

what are the rest of you guys doing?

:confused:

2. Hurricane

Hurricane Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Out of curiosity, why do they say a letter is better?

Anyway, I am sending handwritten notes on personalized correspondence cards. You might also want to check out the Thanking your interviewers thread...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Poety

5+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I'm pretty sure I'm doing what Hurricane is doing on personalized note cards. I'm sending out quick note of thanks, and a bit personalized, I do NOT think any PD/interviewer/resident is going to want to read A LETTER. Save the "letter" for the programs you are gonig to rank HIGHLY, nto to all of them. And then send a follow up letter nearer to match day after you make your second look.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. braxtonhicks

braxtonhicks Member
    5+ Year Member

I think what Iverson's is referring to is typing a letter and then adding a P.S. at the end with a short hand-written message. For instance, "P.S. I enjoyed talking to you about fly fishing (or whatever was unique/memorable)."