Thank you letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sneakercat98

Reaction score
After interviews. Do they matter..? Or had the interview already been scored by the time anyone sees them?

To be really honest I don’t want to write them. Especially for mmi

Members don't see this ad.

After interviews. Do they matter..? Or had the interview already been scored by the time anyone sees them?

To be really honest I don’t want to write them. Especially for mmi
Thank you for the 3 minute scenario where I had the pleasure to feign interest in whatever dumb question/scenario you asked me rather than just talk to me like a normal human being.

Yours truly,

Applicant #3682

• Haha
Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I think it definitely makes sense to send a letter for individual interviews. At the very least, it's just polite, it's just polite. It likely won't make or break your application. For an MMI, I might upload a thank you letter addressed to the admissions committee as a whole rather than tracking down every individual interviewer.

Reactions: 2 users
It takes literally 2 minutes to rock a thank you note. It a process where applicants have such little control, this is something you can do and unless you critique your interviewer in your thank you note, it won't hurt you. Should absolutely do it unless they specifically say do not send thank you notes.

It takes literally 2 minutes to rock a thank you note. It a process where applicants have such little control, this is something you can do and unless you critique your interviewer in your thank you note, it won't hurt you. Should absolutely do it unless they specifically say do not send thank you notes.
Thoughts on sending thank you notes to fellow interviewees for talking with you during socials? Was thinking about BCCing the school so they can see how polite I am. I think this would bypass that rule because the thank you note is not addressed to the school or interviewers directly.

• Haha
Thoughts on sending thank you notes to fellow interviewees for talking with you during socials? Was thinking about BCCing the school so they can see how polite I am. I think this would bypass that rule because the thank you note is not addressed to the school or interviewers directly.
You are kidding...right?

• Haha
  • Hmm
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
I am praying this is a sh*tpost lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
I've been doing this. I also BCC the admissions committees for other schools that I applied to so I can display my politeness and altruism and hopefully get more interviews

• Haha
A box of chocolates would be much more effective. For each person. Locally sourced European stuff. Not Toblerone.
Valentines Day Love GIF by Max

• Haha
Dear Mr/Ms. [fill in the blank]

Thank you for a wonderful interview experience. I very much appreciated [insert something about the interview]. Thank you for considering my application and all the work that you do for this admissions process.

All the best,
[Your name]

P.S. I know [insert the most famous person you know] and they will be furious if you don't let me in.
(60% of the time, this line works everytime!)

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user