Thank You Letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Raskolnikov

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. When is it too late to send thank you letters to faculty that you interviewed with? I guess I procrastinated a bit because I finished interviewing at a place I really liked in the middle of january...it's been close to a month and I haven't sent thank you letters to my interviewers there. I'm very interested in the program. Is it too late now? Should I still send them or would it look bad at this point since I waited so long? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I can't wait for this whole match ordeal to end.

Members don't see this ad.

Raskolnikov said:
Hey guys. When is it too late to send thank you letters to faculty that you interviewed with? I guess I procrastinated a bit because I finished interviewing at a place I really liked in the middle of january...it's been close to a month and I haven't sent thank you letters to my interviewers there. I'm very interested in the program. Is it too late now? Should I still send them or would it look bad at this point since I waited so long? Any comments would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I can't wait for this whole match ordeal to end.

I would go ahead and send them. It can't hurt you.

It never looks bad. At this point most rank lists have already been pretty much set. Then again, your position on the rank list doesn't depend on whether or not you send thank you letters...if it is at a place where you think you are going to rank #1, you can also contact them at let them know that.