Thank-You Letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ffpickle

Thread Killer
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't seem to find a thread in the history regarding thank-you letters.

What is the consensus opinion on whether or not one should be written post-interview? Is doing it by e-mail acceptable? Is it okay to do so 1-2 weeks after the interview? Could it possibly hurt you since it seems like you're just bugging them?

Members don't see this ad.

I can't seem to find a thread in the history regarding thank-you letters.

What is the consensus opinion on whether or not one should be written post-interview? Is doing it by e-mail acceptable? Is it okay to do so 1-2 weeks after the interview? Could it possibly hurt you since it seems like you're just bugging them?

What is the consensus opinion on whether or not one should be written post-interview? Up to you. It's just a nice gesture, and it shouldn't affect their decision. If you do write one though, make it personal and thoughtful.:D

Is doing it by e-mail acceptable? I personally think it's ok to do it by email

Is it okay to do so 1-2 weeks after the interview? I would send it couple days after the interview at the latest. After that, it might be hard for them to remember who you were :laugh:

Could it possibly hurt you since it seems like you're just bugging them? Well, if you make it sound like you put time and effort into writing it, it should be fine

Hope that helps :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't think that a thank you letter is necessary. In fact, many schools prefer that you do not contact them. They usually give you an idea of when to expect a decision.
Good Luck.

It may only help you if your interviewer is on the admissions board. If h/she is not, then it does not matter. It is just a courtesy.

This is more of a medical school custom, not pharmacy.

It probably doesnt hurt to do it but it won't increase your chances of admission or change their decision.

Personally I would be annoyed if I was on adcom. imagine getting hundreds of notes in the mail or emails spamming up your inbox.