thank you letters

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DOisALLiWANT

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
how do you send thank you letters after the interview? do you just email them a short paragraph or two?

Members don't see this ad.

I called the adcom asking how to send a thank you card to my interviewer's mail box. Although the school gave me their email on interview day, I had a bunch of thank you cards I bought before I went on any interviews and thought I'd make it more personable with a hand written card.

I already sent an email but I would like to send a card as well. Will she think i'm annoying if I send the interviewer a thank you card as well??

Members don't see this ad :)
how long ago did you send the email?

I sent the thank you email yesterday but I also want to send a card with a note as well. the email I sent was short but professional.

I sent the thank you email yesterday but I also want to send a card with a note as well. the email I sent was short but professional.

IMHO, it seems like a desperate and cheesy attempt to angle for admission to contact the person again. Wait until they hand down a decision (win, lose or draw) to send the person a card if the interviewer and their time meant that much to you.

did anybody get a hand written letter from their interviewer after acceptance???

I sent emails to the interviews at one school and got in and also sent no thank you to another school and still got in. I don't think it matters much but can't hurt.

did anybody get a hand written letter from their interviewer after acceptance???

Yeah! I was really suprised. I got one from KCOM. do they do that for everyone?

On thank you notes, I strongly reccomend e-mail. through e-mail I have had the oppertunity to open a dialouge with some of my interviers post-interview - wich has been great.

I sent emails to the interviews at one school and got in and also sent no thank you to another school and still got in. I don't think it matters much but can't hurt.

Yeah, same here. I guess you could be neurotic and do it to everybody. In the end, I don't think it really makes that much of a difference.

In reference to the headshot thing, I read in some pre-med book that you should send a picture with your thank you card so that they'll remember you.

adriana-lima.jpg

That's the picture I sent in.

thanks! i will not send a card then. I guess the email will suffice. The thing that worries me is that none of the peple i interviewed with emailed me back. is that a bad thing?????????

thanks! i will not send a card then. I guess the email will suffice. The thing that worries me is that none of the peple i interviewed with emailed me back. is that a bad thing?????????

No. Some schools have a policy limiting the contact that members of the AdComs can have with applicants. Additionally, these are busy people who may not be able to reply.

I emailed all of my interviewers thank you's and only a couple replied.

I got one from one of my interviewers at KCOM. I thought it was a nice touch.

I emailed all of my interviewers thank you's and only a couple replied.

I got one from one of my interviewers at KCOM. I thought it was a nice touch.

Yeah me too, so far I have only heard of KCOM doing this. Precisely why it is the best school in the world ; )

Class of 2014!

i just stuck with the e-mail at NSU and I got in (Which i'm thankful for). to the people who wrote me letters of rec., I sent them an email with a followup/update letter a few months later.