Thank you note mistake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed2324

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you think writing the following at the end of a thank you letter after an interview can rub an adcom the wrong way/ can come off as cocky or arrogant. Or am I reading too deep into it and it is not a big deal. Please let me know, thank you.

“I look forward to attending the Chicago College of Osteopathic Medicine. Thank you.”

Members don't see this ad.

I probably wouldnt include that line because there are other ways to make thes ame point but its also probably not gonna be the deciding factor whatever you do

Members don't see this ad :)
They’ll know you’re joking because CCOM is too expensive for one to even consider unless it’s their only option.

I wouldn't do it. At best it gets you no points, at worst it comes off as cocky.

David D MD - USMLE and MCAT Tutor
Med School Tutors

I wouldn’t have chosen those words but I can’t imagine them being detrimental. If the note has already been sent, don’t let it keep you up at night. You’ll be fine!

Reactions: 1 user
Go with something like, "I look forward to learning more about X College of Medicine and how I might serve its mission effectively." You can have a confident tone without being presumptuous.

Perseverating about word choice minutia on med school thank-you letters. I totally do not miss this period in my life.

The word choice is probably fine.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user