Thank you note post phone interview

Started by evabella
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

evabella

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just had a phone interview for a summer pharmacy internship position.

The interview wasn't very conversational. I talked while the interviewer typed my answers to questions. I still want to send a thank you note. The question is, should I e-mail or mail it?

I think handwritten notes are always better than e-mail, but the decision will be made by Friday. Should I just send an e-mail?
Also, any tips for writing thank you notes for this kind of interview - where the interviewer is basically just reading a list of questions and recording my answers?

Thanks for your time!
 
I honestly doubt it would make a difference if you send any thank you after a phone interview. Thank them on the phone.
 
I went ahead and sent a thank you e-mail message. Interview etiquette never hurts, although I agree that it probably will not make a difference in this case.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The hell it won't. Good manners and adherence to etiquette protocol, are essential in life and career. I send thank you notes for EVERYTHING. You now stand out from the rest. Good move.
 
lol all I know is that all the job offers that I have ever gotten was from the ones where I didn't sent a thank you notes after hahahaha but couldn't hurt
 
Totally unnecessary. I never sent a thank you note after I interviewed for pharmacy school and got accepted. I never send thank you notes for anything.