thank you note timeframe

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

christinejane19

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Quick question.. I interviewed at NYCOM on December 7, and forgot to send a thank you email afterwards. Is it too late to send one now? Does it look like an afterthought? Thanks in advance for any input..

Members don't see this ad.

Not really... even if it is an afterthought, still a good gesture. Plus, gives you a way to plug in something nice about how you and the school are a good fit

No - I don't think it's too late. It's better to send one late I think, than to not send one at all.

Members don't see this ad :)
wannabedoctoo said:
Not really... even if it is an afterthought, still a good gesture. Plus, gives you a way to plug in something nice about how you and the school are a good fit

I think you should send it if you are planning to. It doesn't hurt to do so.

you never know when the adcom meets so I would just send a thank you not regardless. I sent mine out a week later and the acceptance letter was dated one day after my interview. :oops:

I say go for it...I sent mine a little over a week later. Turns out Adcom met way before then, since I was in the last interview group before they met. :rolleyes: BUT it is still courteous to send one. I don't think it will come off wrong. They interview many applicants, and just having them see that you sent one (regardless if they met yet) probably gets your name stuck with them just a little bit longer..which can help if they haven't met yet, and can help if you decide to attend, since you will be seeing a good amount of your interviewers as administrators, professors, etc..

christinejane19 said:
Quick question.. I interviewed at NYCOM on December 7, and forgot to send a thank you email afterwards. Is it too late to send one now? Does it look like an afterthought? Thanks in advance for any input..

thanks for the advice guys.. just sent one this afternoon.. hope to hear from them soon :)