Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

thank you note timeframe

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by christinejane19, Dec 19, 2005.

1. christinejane19

christinejane19 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Quick question.. I interviewed at NYCOM on December 7, and forgot to send a thank you email afterwards. Is it too late to send one now? Does it look like an afterthought? Thanks in advance for any input..

2. wannabedoctoo

wannabedoctoo Member
    5+ Year Member

Other Health Professions Student
    Not really... even if it is an afterthought, still a good gesture. Plus, gives you a way to plug in something nice about how you and the school are a good fit

3. tara14

tara14 Member
    5+ Year Member

No - I don't think it's too late. It's better to send one late I think, than to not send one at all.

4. dr.z

Physician 10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    I think you should send it if you are planning to. It doesn't hurt to do so.

5. nrddct

nrddct carlover
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    you never know when the adcom meets so I would just send a thank you not regardless. I sent mine out a week later and the acceptance letter was dated one day after my interview. :oops:

6. kutiecg

kutiecg iono
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I say go for it...I sent mine a little over a week later. Turns out Adcom met way before then, since I was in the last interview group before they met. :rolleyes: BUT it is still courteous to send one. I don't think it will come off wrong. They interview many applicants, and just having them see that you sent one (regardless if they met yet) probably gets your name stuck with them just a little bit longer..which can help if they haven't met yet, and can help if you decide to attend, since you will be seeing a good amount of your interviewers as administrators, professors, etc..

7. christinejane19

christinejane19 Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

thanks for the advice guys.. just sent one this afternoon.. hope to hear from them soon :)