Thank-you notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

greatdeals225

Full Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When do you guys send Thank-you notes for professors/pharmacists who gave you a letter of recommendation?

should you send it right after every letter is received by the schools or should you send it when you get a letter of acceptance/denial from the school?

i know i have to send one but not too sure what the standard 'etiquette' is.
 
Have you been accepted anywhere yet? I plan on sending them after I am accepted, provided that I get in. I too have wondered this though.
 
Have you been accepted anywhere yet? I plan on sending them after I am accepted, provided that I get in. I too have wondered this though.

send them whether you get in or not. They wrote you a letter for goodness sakes🙄
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
send them whether you get in or not. They wrote you a letter for goodness sakes🙄

o.. lol... what I mean is,
should I wait for the school's letter before I send them the Thank you note so that I can tell my professor where I ended up going ("how well your recommendation did to me) or should I send them a 'thank you' right after they have sent in all my letter of recommendations
 
Have you been accepted anywhere yet? I plan on sending them after I am accepted, provided that I get in. I too have wondered this though.

I haven't even sent my applications in yet 😛
i'm stil lin the process of applying.....

How many/ and which, schools are you applying to? if you don't mind me asking...