Thank you to your interviewer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dauber

Big Baby Jesus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question... Did anyone send a thank you note to the people that interviewed you when you went to interview? A friend told me that she did that and that everyone did/were supposed to. I didn't even think about doing it...

Members don't see this ad.

i think it's always a nice and considerate thing to do as a professional. i doubt it could really affect admittance at all, but it's just common courtesy.

if you're one of thousands of applicants to be picked to interview at a school, a little thank you note i'm sure, is appreciated.

I sent a thank you letter to the admission committee, not sure if it helps but it certaintly doesn't hurt.

Members don't see this ad :)
I never get the sending notes/cards to your interviewers thingy. What kind of message would it send?

P.S. I didn't send anything and I got in just fine.

yea, but i think if you're sincere it shouldn't matter. You should do it if you're actually thankful.

I sent personalized letters to both of my interviewers, the as. chair that led the interview as well as the interview coordinator. I don't know if it helps, but I did get in.

Ya, while you guys are at it, why don't you rub a little crap on the end of your nose...c'mon, how pathetic do you want to look? What are you thanking them for? For doing their job? I didn't send a single thank you note to any an interviewer and I got accepted to every school I interviewed.

Ya, while you guys are at it, why don't you rub a little crap on the end of your nose...c'mon, how pathetic do you want to look? What are you thanking them for? For doing their job? I didn't send a single thank you note to any an interviewer and I got accepted to every school I interviewed.

What were your stats like? I know some tell the interviewers to not send any at all...lol

Man ur lucky :cool:
Did u decide where u gonna go?
[Just came from a Tufts interview and thought the place was awesome]

use search function for find hundreds of threads on this topic

I just sent the interviewers thank you emails. They probably get tons of letters already, so it's nice to give them a break with something different. I got in just fine. I think thank you letters are more icing on the cake, rather than a do-or-die option.

Lucass, you have a very immature perception of what a "thank you" note is all about; A simple thank you note is more about YOUR professionalism than anything else.

"Wise men lay up knowledge: but the mouth of the foolish is near destruction." (Proverbs 10:14)

My interviewer at one school was asking me how the cycle was going and if i had been accepted yet, she then asked if i had sent thank you notes to my interviewers.. She made it seem as if it were a must do..

I think it definitely cant hurt to send the email/card, and in some cases if you dont send one you may be toast.

I most often sent emails, but when it was a school i was really interested in sent a card with a hand written message.

Yeah, actually, by the rules of job applying too, you are supposed to send thank yous after an interview. It's just common courtesy. Of course some people aren't courteous.

When people say they sent it to the admissions committee, who do they address it to?

My thoughts exactly...so you have to remember the name, find their address and send it to each one of your interviewers???

Ask your interviewer for his or her business card.

Just a quick question... Did anyone send a thank you note to the people that interviewed you when you went to interview? A friend told me that she did that and that everyone did/were supposed to. I didn't even think about doing it...

I did, and got into every school that I sent it to.
However, I know friends of mine that did not send a thank you card but got in[they had very nice stats].

Put yourself in their shoes.

Alright, thanks everyone. I wasn't too worried, just kinda surprised people do that.

use search function for find hundreds of threads on this topic

I didn't need to research the topic, just wanted a casual thread with a few replies which is what i got. :thumbup:

21/23/19...I'm partially ******ed when it comes to math so I ended up getting like a negative 12 on the QR (which worried me a little in the whole application process). My science GPA was close to a 3.7

Man ur lucky :cool:
Did u decide where u gonna go?
[Just came from a Tufts interview and thought the place was awesome]

I absolutely loved Tufts and I thought Boston was the coolest. I juggled the options for as long as I could but ultimately decided to stay in the west. If you get in I'd go for it (when you get in).:cool:

As far as thank you notes go, I'm a big proponent when the situation calls for it. I sent all the people who wrote me Letters of Rec thank you notes, I sent any doctor I shadowed along the way a thank you note. However, when it comes to an obviously kiss-up situation such as an interviewer, it's completely unnecessary and unabashedly brown-nosing.