5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
Status
I just wanted to say a big thanks to those of you who responded to my question back in Feb about what I could do to look good for my 1st ever rotation which happened to be anesthesia. I took your advice and ended up with honors(97) and loved the 4 weeks I spent there.

Thanks again:D

coprolalia

Bored Certified
10+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2007
Paradise
Status
Attending Physician
You mean this thread?

Are you still thinking about pain medicine, or EM?

-copro

OP
B

Baditude

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
Status
Copro-
Yes that is post I am referring to! Right now Anesthesia in general and EM are the only two areas I am considering. I have done cardiology and family practice and neither really appeal to me but who knows what the future brings!

VentdependenT

You didnt build thaT
Moderator Emeritus
15+ Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Louisville
www.somethingawful.com
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Copro-
Yes that is post I am referring to! Right now Anesthesia in general and EM are the only two areas I am considering. I have done cardiology and family practice and neither really appeal to me but who knows what the future brings!
Two of my favorite fields. Pick the one in which you will be least miserable/most happy. It'll be a tough choice (yes, I'm being serious).

I really liked EM. What killed it for me was all the primary care crap which should have gone to the urgent care center/FP clinic. Anyways, thats what the "fast-track" area is for in the ER eh? Let em sit there and rot waiting for their rapid strep test, amoxacillin, and referral to a PCP....I didn't even mind taking care of the GOMERS with urosepsis...just tube em and consult the unit. Boom, off to diagnosing pancreatic ca or stitching up some dudes face.

About the Ads