Thank You

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jetsfan88

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to thank all SDNers for their input and advice on how to succeed on the DAT. YOu guys all helped me so much. From my experience of three months of studying, I have found several different books/programs that should be used while studying.

For Bio, destroyer is a vast resource that covers a lot of bio that might not be found in cliffs. BUt that does not mean you should not use cliff. I am fan of cliff and it should be used. ALL i can say is get your hands on as much as you can and understand every queston in the destroyer. If you do not understand something, one should use a biology textbook such a campbell for a resource. Instead of memorizing, understand the concepts and it will be much easier.

GEN CHEM and ORGO: destroyer! Yes it can be overkill but if you understand each question you will do great. STUDY the ROAD MAPS as those are key to do well in organic chemistry. THE more questions one does in chem and orgo the better he or she will be. CHADS videos are amazing as well if you have the time deff go for it. I really liked what kaplan has as well, I never used their questions but for concepts its def helpful

PAT: I think everyone knows crack dat pat is amazing.

READING: TOP SCORE the three reading comp sections. People have diff stragerties search and destroy or kaplan method. Me personally, I like to read it and answer although at times search and destroy is the best.

MATH: MATH Destroyer is right on. IT has so many questions, especially word problems which people tend to have difficulty with. I think with this section people get nervous becaus of all the hype of this section. It is not difficult everyone can do well if more time was given. Thus you need to work efficently, due problems you can get right instantly and go back. To be honest you can study high school math such as MATH B regents questions.

Overall, never give up and stay positive and everything will work out for you. Do not get nervous and know you will do great. In the end it will all be worth. I know I did not post my scores, but I did well and could not have done it without all of your posts and discussions. BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE :)

Members don't see this ad.

I would like to thank all SDNers for their input and advice on how to succeed on the DAT. YOu guys all helped me so much. From my experience of three months of studying, I have found several different books/programs that should be used while studying.

For Bio, destroyer is a vast resource that covers a lot of bio that might not be found in cliffs. BUt that does not mean you should not use cliff. I am fan of cliff and it should be used. ALL i can say is get your hands on as much as you can and understand every queston in the destroyer. If you do not understand something, one should use a biology textbook such a campbell for a resource. Instead of memorizing, understand the concepts and it will be much easier.

GEN CHEM and ORGO: destroyer! Yes it can be overkill but if you understand each question you will do great. STUDY the ROAD MAPS as those are key to do well in organic chemistry. THE more questions one does in chem and orgo the better he or she will be. CHADS videos are amazing as well if you have the time deff go for it. I really liked what kaplan has as well, I never used their questions but for concepts its def helpful

PAT: I think everyone knows crack dat pat is amazing.

READING: TOP SCORE the three reading comp sections. People have diff stragerties search and destroy or kaplan method. Me personally, I like to read it and answer although at times search and destroy is the best.

MATH: MATH Destroyer is right on. IT has so many questions, especially word problems which people tend to have difficulty with. I think with this section people get nervous becaus of all the hype of this section. It is not difficult everyone can do well if more time was given. Thus you need to work efficently, due problems you can get right instantly and go back. To be honest you can study high school math such as MATH B regents questions.

Overall, never give up and stay positive and everything will work out for you. Do not get nervous and know you will do great. In the end it will all be worth. I know I did not post my scores, but I did well and could not have done it without all of your posts and discussions. BEST OF LUCK TO EVERYONE :)

congrates on your achievement :)